The starting line for subdivision

Discussion in 'Development' started by chunho01, 9th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. chunho01

chunho01 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I found Somersoft forum four years ago. It taught me a lot before I purchased my first IP three years ago. I did a renovation project and then went on hiatus from the property scene due to personal commitments.

I'm starting to plan for my next move, and I want to consider the possibility of a duplex subdivision project. I figured that my first step is to gather knowledge in the next few months (and judge if it is too early for me).

What I've gathered, the best starting line for subdivision consists of three things:
    1. Read "Australian Residential Property Development for Investors, by Ron Forlee"
    2. Gather a wad of cash or equity (Is this really critical for success? Can a joint development venture work?)
    3. Speak to people who have done this before (unfortunately this person does not exist within my friends and family circle...)

I'm interested to hear your thoughts :) Lots of masters here.

2. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

Talk to a competent and experienced Town Planner. Make sure they are qualified and a member of the Planning Institute, not just someone who does planning work...