The Sharrouf children

Discussion in 'Politics' started by balwoges, 16th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Watching 4 Corners last night was impressed by Karen Nettleton, her honesty , persistence, and love for her grandchildren. Surely they would be better off coming back to Australia and being in her care than being left in that camp ... :(

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I'm a little torn - they are old enough to have be indoctrined with the ideals ... but on the other hand, to be pregnant with the third child at 17 means they had no choice over their lives and were treated as nothing more than property.

The girls would've have been dismissed as nothing more than sex slaves, and the boy is young enough not the remember. The two older boys (the one with the severed head) were killed along with their father.

I think we should bring them home

balwoges and paulF like this.
  3. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

If they are citizens of Australia they should be afforded all the rights conferred with it; otherwise whatsw the point in being a citizen of this country.

4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

It's a difficult one. They are kids but it's hard to believe they don't harbor the same ideals as their parents (in private), or would secretly support or be involved in avenging their parent's deaths etc.

I think the Govt needs to do some very thorough checks and vetting to make sure we're not importing a problem - either directly or indirectly down the track that will result in innocent lives lost on home soil. Reports of their stance towards the Yazidi slaves is troubling to say the least.

Letting oppressed and destitute Yazidi folk into Australia would be a much easier sell.

If we do bring them back, we'd have to surveil them for the rest of their lives.

Last edited: 16th Apr, 2019
  5. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Had ******** ISIS... accomplished the mission... would they still be asking the australian government to let them back in?

Francesco and CowPat like this.
  6. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Their parents and the oldest ones husband were scum of the earth. We cannot visit their crimes on the children however, and my view is that they should be given right of return with the appropriate level of support.

It’s the difference between us and these Islamist totalitarian cretins.

Last edited: 16th Apr, 2019
    Perthguy, Gestalt and paulF like this.
  7. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

No, because they wouldn't have had a chance to ask in the first place for obvious reasons

8. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I know their parents did really atrocious things BUT I think it is a very slippery slope we are heading down if we start punishing children for the crimes of their parents.

I feel really sorry for my kids already, having me as a father :eek:.

I wouldn’t want them punished for my crimes :D.

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Take away all of those assets of yours @kierank then see what they have to say.....They may just like those crimes. :oops:

kierank likes this.
  10. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Either way - you have to admire grandma.

Travelling to Syria several times to search personally for her grandchildren, then actually finding them in a refugee camp.

Now she just has to get them to Turkey and the Australian government will then assist.
    Marg

See Change, Islay and Propertunity like this.
  11. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

We can either let them rot there, get further radicalised and possibly influence others towards terrorism, or we can bring them back, teach them to love, show them mercy, of course monitor them and engage them to de-radicalise others on the verge of becoming terrorists. It's very had to do but we must show them our values.

This is very much our problem and we can't dump this on the Kurds.

Lizzie likes this.
  12. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

The program was just a typical hype and emotional string pulling show per their ABC.

Sorry but grandma saying she will look after the kids and ensure they grow up responsible and upstanding citizens falls on deaf ears as far as I am concerned. How come her grand-kids are over there. Because she failed to instill any values of right and wrong in their parents, male or female, whichever is the lineage.

Islam starts brainwashing at a very early age and those boys are already damaged.

Further there is no guarantee that any of these girls were not involved in enforcement duties in Syria as per the English girl or the German girl who is now standing trial for war crimes in Germany due to mistreatment of a slave girl in Syria.

Shamima Begum 'was member of feared Isis morality police' in Syria

German Isis woman let 'slave' girl, 5, die of thirst, say prosecutors

CowPat, Speede, Sackie and 3 others like this.
  13. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

Even if they were adults I still believe they should have those rights, it’s a very dangerous precedent that the gov can strip citizenship, what might they strip citizenship for tomorrow. They’re our citizens and therefore our problem.

14. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

No more than any other religion...trial them in our country if there is a crime (or appropriate icc)

15. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

No they should face the music where the victims are so the victims they can give evidence. Did 4 corners say these girls had Yizadi slaves who they mistreated and threatened to cut their heads of off and film it, If allegations are true I say give them to the Yizidis to do as they wish maybe pay back in kind. If not may be they could be allowed back if found to be of satisfactory character

RS Gumby likes this.
  16. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Leave them there, none of "think of the children" type garbage.

Sure, the kids didnt choose to be there, but they are a risk period. Why should we risk everyone else just ot be politically correct ,

Bring the kids back, and then the mum will have some rights to come back too.

Imagine if these kids had some deadly disease instead that could be transmitted to others, would you let them in???? For the sake of political correctness Absolutley not!

luckyone and RS Gumby like this.
  17. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Haven’t you read the news articles? The mother is dead.

kierank likes this.
  18. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Yeah I have shes dead

Good riddance

If i knew my grandkids had held up a severed head and been fed all this extreme brainwashing stuff, i wouldn't want them here either

luckyone, Handyandy and RS Gumby like this.
  19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The grandkids that were involved in the beheading are also dead.

The three that survive are two teenage girls and a very young boy. If you understand anything about society in that part of the world, then you would understand that the girls would've been nothing more than property to be bartered and used as a negotiating chip - married off to the highest bidder at 12 (usually to someone old enough to be their grandfather) and considered as useful for nothing more than a sex slave - and barely considered of higher standing than their Yazidi slaves.

In such a desperate situation, sadly, human nature is to try and elevate (or deflect from yourself) in any way possible - hence the girls would've tried to encourage their lecherous old husbands to beat and have sex (possibly at the same time) with the slave instead of with themselves

Islay likes this.
  20. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I do rouhgly get the gist of how culture is over there, 17 year olds being forced to marry other guys and get impregnated straight away, its disgusting

my position doesnt change, damaged goods are damaged goods, like my disease example (insensitive as it may sound) , one persons welfare is not worth jeopardising the health and safety of 100s/1000s/10,000s of peopl, including my kids

if these kids returned and even if they appeared normal, I am not letting my kids go over to their house a sleep over or let them come to mine

however if there was a retraining program that some people were talking about with a great deal of success, id be happy to let them back in, not thats it my choice