The Recycling Police

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by balwoges, 24th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Have just had the bins in our street inspected by the 'Recycling Police', they come around every so often to check what the residents of Lake Macquarie are putting in their bins. The council last year went 'green' and we are only allowed to put food waste and grass cuttings into the 3rd bin we have to use. Sometimes there are only 2 small bags of food waste to be taken away in an otherwise empty bin.
    We also have the bottle thieves who come around just before the garbage truck foraging for bottles, at the moment there is a war on between an older guy and 2 younger men as to who gets there early enough to beat the other.
    Now back to the calendar the council kindly provided us with which is colour coded to show which 2 bins we have to put out this week ... :rolleyes:

2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If they had any nouse, they'd start from different streets and possibly never cross paths. :rolleyes:

4. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

We got bin inspections too. Had a few stickers left on my bin lid saying NO and they didn't take it because someone else had put their lawn clippings in my red bin! Annoying, but you can call council and they'll send the truck back another day.

I see people taking bottles out of bins all the time - the issue is they leave such a mess

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Just watch out for the debt recycling police!

Ted Varrick likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

They raid your bins, take your receipts & your identity. My debt is your debt. :eek:

7. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I know a now high end legal person that when he started as a law clerk,his boss would wait in the car up the road while my mate would run down the road and empty the contents of the outside bin into a plastic bay and run back and drive off..

8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

police do that - but it is illegal, theft.

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

In a unit complex I used to own in West Ryde you would see all manner of things wrapped in plastic bags in the recycling bins. So annoying. I think lots of tenants didn't read English or just didn't read the labels on the bins.

10. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

There's a few hundred skips within 5 minutes walk of my place for all sorts of different waste/recyclables. Very different to Australia where I just spent 2 months and they only collected the general garbage or recycling every 2 weeks (Byron). Stingy.

Scavengers galore here going through the bins for stuff, mostly they are eastern Europeans, though often some locals will clean out a bin with a truck before the council gets it. No enforcement of anything, even traffic, parking, etc... free for all. Can double park or park on a zebra crossing for half an hour no problems, ****** me off.