Entertainment & Music The Official Game of Thrones books/TV show thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Justin_Z, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Justin_Z

Justin_Z Mortgage Broker Business Member

[​IMG]

One of my favourite shows!! After that end to season 5...can't believe it'll be another year till season 6!

Who feels as traumatised as I did after the end scene?!

2. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I gasped. He was one of my favorite characters. I hope GRRM leaves my most favorite character alive next season.

3. Justin_Z

Everyone's hoping Melissandre isn't actually useless after teleporting back to base. With a horse. Even though all the horses were supposedly gone.

Shows creator said the character is gone for good though...:eek:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Why did they kill him?! :( He was such a decent guy.

Should have whacked that psycho at Winterfell instead!

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

6. Darren A

Darren A Well-Known Member

We don't know for sure if he is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if he is nursed back to health in season 6. He was the only morally decent person in the show.

7. Justin_Z

Unfortunately Ned Stark was too and his head ended up on a pike. Think the moral of GoT is good guys not only finish last, they be dead :(

8. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Still the best episode IMO - I was shocked!

With the recent episodes I was always a week late to watch them - and these days it's just too hard to avoid spoilers so I wasn't that surprised with how things ended with season 5.

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It was up there. Any episode that has my girlfriend yelling "No!" is a good one ;)

10. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

TBH I wasn't surprised they killed John Snow, I think GOT have made me accustomed to them killing off all the people I like. Ned Stark was the first real OMG they didn't!

I found it harder when they torched the girl and I have a suspicion that they will revive John as the red witch arrived there and she has a crush on him.

Azazel likes this.
  11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yep, witchy woman's got a lady stiffy for Jon Snow.

12. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

I've been hearing a lot about this series for a long time - never had the urge to watch it until now.

Just finished watching the first episode of this to see how it is and whether I could convince my other half to put it on our watch list.

Gotta say it looks like a great one - got me hooked already - I'll have to stop looking in this thread now so I don't see too many spoilers ;)

13. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Uh oh.

You need to find a massive rock - and hide under it until you're up to date.

It's almost impossible to avoid spoilers these days.

14. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I remember when the show first started I was like omg how long is the intro song, now it is me singing it the whole way through lol.

WattleIdo likes this.
  15. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

I envy you. We only came very late to the GoT party and my wife and I got to watch Seasons 1-4 in a block over a month or so. GoT Friday and Saturday night marathons became a real thing at our place lol. Fantastic way to watch it. Now after season 5, we have to wait another year :(

16. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Definitely the best way to watch it, it's a difficult story to keep track of from one week or season to the next. My wife and I binge watch a lot of shows that way (we worked out through 9 seasons of friends last winter, that took me back!)

The scary thing about GoT is the shows have now reached the same point as the books. Given Martin's track record I have no faith that the next book will be published prior to the next seasons and even less faith that the next season will be the last (5 seasons and the White Walkers are only now becoming overt about what they're up to, that storyline has at least another 3 seasons in it).

Whilst the show producers are aware of the basic plot line and ending, I'm concerned that season 6 will be written by the producers and the book will then become a mess to try to follow the TV series moving forwards. Then of course there's the distinct possibility that George RR Martin will follow Frank Herberts lead and die just as the series on a real precipice. Hopefully one of his kids can pick it up in 25 years.

The Falcon likes this.
  17. cal

cal Member

WattleIdo likes this.
  18. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

I think George RR Martin's told the producers what the ending is going to be and he's just going to do his thing with the aim of meeting them at the end. He won't be trying to follow the show per se. There will be a lot of differences if and when the books do get released, especially considering the number of plot lines the directors have to merge/omit due to production constraints.

19. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

This and previous seasons already had a lot of differences compared to the books. This season especially drifted a fair bit from the book. So, it won't make a difference if the shows don't rely on the book at all and just keep showing more surprises, gore and sex!

20. Justin_Z

I feel for you, avoiding spoilers in the age of social media and internet is near impossible!

For the books, if GRRM is smart he should release the damn 6th book now and guarantee everyone and their mothers are going to line up to purchase a copy, I definitely would