The next few months will make Millions!

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Car tart, 9th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

With great upheaval comes great worry, panic and uncertainty. Many will talk about waiting for stock A to halve or stock b to quarter. Most will miss the great opportunities as they listlessly wait for the bell to ring for the bottom of the stock and property market once again.

yes talk is cheap but this is the time to make your mark.

10 days ago I inspected three properties in the $4-6 million price bracket and was laughed at when I made very close offers to the asking prices. All within 10% and all within the prices of identical properties in the previous three months. I explained to each agent my reasoning on the value. Not one had the courtesy to return my call.

this afternoon, two out of three, called me back to say the owner was willing to consider my offer if I signed the contract and left 10% today. Fear is about, and everyone knows it. The market is a different place today to 10 days ago. I will be reconsidering my offers with great stock opportunities about.

This is where your knowledge, ability and skill comes into play, don’t expect someone to advise you, there are plenty of us cashed up for moments like these, so come along for the ride when you are comfortable.

Don’t be one of those that saw West Pennant Hills houses,18 months ago at $1,050,000 and comment on this site that you’ll wait till it’s $700k, when today it resold for $1.8 million, and you missed out.

Be it RE or equities there are once in a decade opportunities, don’t miss them.

Bunbury, craigc, croseks and 16 others like this.
  2. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Good post.

Waiting to go all in equities after another 60-70% crash.

3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

C Tart. Very interesting.

But what if it takes years for a recovery? I'm sitting on the sidelines for now.

Then again buying up in gold might be a goer.

But who knows. Could be a world wide recession. Look at the price of crude oil...my gawd. Time to look for a nice V8 commodore!....ooh yeah!

BunnyXiao and charttv like this.
  4. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Well-Known Member

What stocks are you monitoring?

Never giveup likes this.
  5. Car tart

Banks, STO, BHP

Silverson likes this.
  6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Do you think property will have a strong rebound in a couple years once the virus clears?

7. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Another?

When are you referring to, as the previous? Over what time frame?

8. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Big turnaround in ASX today. This could be it or just a dead cat bounce.

9. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Next 3-6 Months.

10. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Lol I shorted the market around 2 weeks in and I’m up $1.5m already. Planning to short another $2-3m next week. Are we talking about the same set of opportunities?

BunnyXiao likes this.
  11. Car tart

I’m not a member of the super rich and I abide by a strict moral code. I own a real estate company, I am a developer, I have given up chances to make many extra 10s of millions to live by my principles. It is worth it, as I have 4 children who are world leaders in their fields and I am comfortable without being worth 100s of millions. I strongly believe that shorting is a blight on the businesses that are trying their best to make a profit. Shorting is the ultimate in greed and selfishness and worldwide should be banned. The original founding purpose of the market was to support companies not to wish ill upon them. This is my stupid view and I don’t expect anyone else to understand or follow it. I just believe that children learn their morals from what they see their parents do not what they hear people preach.
    this is all about my view on morality and what I wish to pass on to my children who are now adults and not about what is law. An example is it is not illegal to sleep with 7 partners while married. But your level of morality dictates what you do.

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Mar, 2020
  12. Omnidragon

Lol. There are no shortage of people who think people who speculate on real estate is a blight on society. If you don’t like it get elected to parliament and shut the market down. And there’s no shortage of people who believe housing should be a basic and free human right.

jonafern likes this.
  13. Car tart

You mustn’t have read my post in full. Read it again.

14. Omnidragon

You suggested shorting is a blight to businesses. And you then insinuated that one’s level of morality dictates if they’ll engage in such activity.

There are many people especially in modern Europe who thinks developers are also a blight on society.

I’ll tell you what’s a blight on businesses. Speculators especially mums and dads pumping up the share prices of worthless companies especially pre revenue ones. And then CEOs raising fresh capital off these lofty share prices, while paying themselves and their mates a fat salary, and having the same shares resold to the same mums and dads.

Property person likes this.
  15. el caballo

el caballo Well-Known Member

Impressive indeed @Omnidragon

May I ask direct stocks or indices? Australian or international? Options or another tool?

Regards
    Greg

16. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

@Omnidragon , how do you short in ASX and what platform do you use?

Thanks

17. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

several ways including ASX:BBUS

18. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

I
    Wilk check with Nabtrade

19. Omnidragon

Several brokers can do that for you. Eg Macquarie, Bells. If you wanted to do International you’d probably need an IG account.

I look at XJO options sometimes, or if you’re worried about time decay, can think about Citi mini warrants but they’re leveraged to the hilt. Each have their own risks. Another way to play international/Nasdaq is play sqqq or tqqq, which is leveraged 3x though (your own position is not but your underlying is). One is betting down the other is betting up.

20. el caballo

el caballo Well-Known Member

Thanks @Omnidragon . I am familiar with all of the techniques, but was curious to see some size being mentioned on a property forum.

Best wishes
    Greg

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia