The next City in Sydney will be ...

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 9th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

we all know Parramatta is being pumped and pumped and pumped into being the next City in Sydney .
    I did think Penrith was going to be next with all the hype from the Liberals before the last State Electin but it seems their forgotten it .

Looking at Fairfield last week... I think this will become a City one day

Penrith , Fairfield are my picks this year for becoming cities and being pumped by Baird

Where is the Airport going to be moved to ?

Near Fairfield ?
    Fairfield is the forgotten little City that is growing .
    I had a lovely day in Fairfield last week... Ate a Thai Restaurant .so many Thai and Lao restaurants in this area .
    .. Looked around the local area ... Units from 350k.
    Never been that far West for years .
    Very busy traffic on main Roads .

The only thing i was concerned about was the shopping centre seemed to be in Smithfield ? Neeta ?

Last edited: 9th Mar, 2016
  2. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Lake Haven.

eskander, Propertunity and bob shovel like this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Penriff once it has an airport! The Greater West!
    Parra ain't got nothing! They just moved the oxygen theiving governments offices there so it's destined to be a grave yard ;)

Sackie likes this.
  4. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

I've lived in Smithfield my entire life and I doubt Fairfield will become a "city". The best bet in the greater western region would be Liverpool which has the infrastructure and fundamentals of a city in the making, as well as a council who wants it to grow exponentially. Geographically between Parramatta and Campbelltown, both of which are centres in themselves. There is already an abundance of high rise residential being built (an oversupply in the near future) and solid retail/ dining.

Neeta City is in Fairfield, Smithfield only has some local shops. The closest decent shopping complex is Stocklands in Wetherill Park, which has just been recently upgraded and expanded.

samiam likes this.