The mother of all collapse

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Tekoz, 12th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

I think we should be prepared from now. Don’t wait for the last minute and don’t try to time the market. Or it will be too late… Mother of all Collapse is Currency Collapse.

The One world currency may be called the Phoenix Currency by offering price stability introduced by the IMF. Now the IMF currency is called the SDR (Special Drawing Rights). At the moment the SDR is an IMF digital currency consist of a basket of 5 key international currencies $U.S, $euro, Japanese yen, pound sterling and Chinese renminbi. SDR is global digital currency for all CENTRAL BANKS.

Source:

Jim Rickards: We are on the Brink of Runaway Inflation or a New Currency – Grams Gold

Factsheet -- Special Drawing Rights (SDRs)

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

What do you mean from now? I have been preparing for over 2 years! :)

3. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Illuminati!!!!

Cactus, mrdobalina, dan_89 and 4 others like this.
  4. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Triangles everywhere!!

Cactus, dan_89, JacM and 1 other person like this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Time to invest in bit coin?

dan_89 and Tekoz like this.
  6. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

JFK KILLED TUPAC!!!!

7. House

House Well-Known Member

Scaremongering information brought to you by those with a vested interest in you buying gold ;)

Read both his books and both were very enlightening but he's a bit of a sell out now.So take his words with the proverbial grain of salt.

Son of Benny?
    image.png

Tekoz likes this.
  8. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Yes I believe that's true.
    I believe that the uber-villain organisation like Spectre and The Syndicate is real.

Otherwise how can someone make the movie out of the blue if it is not based or inspired by the true story.

9. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@AlexH well, apart from property Gold is also another form of hard & tangible investment that I'm currently researching to invest.

Property itself is not enough to keep us from recession.

Have you read the book title below:

The Big Drop
    The End of Australia

Josh of them are written by two different authors and concludes that property investment is not enough to cover yourself from the economical collapse.

10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

No but I was once involved in a project where we built a 'long drop' at the top end.

Foxy Moron likes this.
  11. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

It's true. He says it in one of his songs. If you play it backwards...he says 'Kennedy did it....'

12. keithj

keithj Well-Known Member

When reading any newspaper or internet D&G story always stop and think...

• Why this particular event ? There are literally thousands on improbable events that could happen, so why should I take any notice of this one as opposed to the 1000's of others that are equally unlikely to occur ?
    • What's the probability of it happening ? Does the author claim it's 100% guaranteed ? or is it a < 1% chance of it happening ? If they don't put a probability on it then what probability do you think it has of happening ? If you (or the author) can't say then neither of you have thought about it enough.
    • What other events could happen that would stop it taking place ? Does the author mention anything that completely invalidates their theory ? If not then it's likely that the author either has a bias of some sort, or is actually just writing a sensationalist story to suck in the dumb punters.
    • What's the timeframe ? Is it next week, or sometime in the next 10 years ? Or is it not actually specified.... in which case it can never be shown to be wrong - I'm right, but just not quite yet.
    • Is anyone else concerned about this specific risk ? If not then wonder why it's just you & the author then ask i) does he have a bias ii) are you susceptible to D&G ?
    • Does the author (or indeed you) have a history of making wild irrational claims that never actually come to pass ?

I haven't read the article, but I've read a 100 other like it, and I always think of the guy on his deathbed who said 'When I look back on all those worries, ... most of them never actually happened'.

So Tekoz.... what's your answer the above questions ?

Cactus, Darren A, mcarthur and 4 others like this.
  13. House

House Well-Known Member

I read The Big Drop but didn't find it as good as his actual books. I had lost interest in his hyperbole by then so maybe that's why.

Gold is good and thankfully found out about it at the ~$1300 mark after it got smashed from $1,800. Not expecting much from it but good to be in another "asset" just in case. 50% of the time gold has fallen during a recession so keep that in mind.

Join up at Silverstackers.com, plenty of Aussie chat about PM's there. See you there :)

Perthguy likes this.
  14. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Exactly. The way I look at it is as a species we're constantly improving, markets in the long term are going up. Yes, you need to be prudent to avoid the pot holes along the way or you will lose your capital but if you dot your I's and cross your T's you will become wealthy over time if you invest because in the long term assets are going up. HELLO! People at the top want to make money and you will too!

Sure, one day there will be a dooms day event where nothing but clean water and food is worth anything but who knows when, if or how that will happen.

Darren A and Tekoz like this.
  15. barnes

barnes Well-Known Member

It's not exactly true. Markets aren't going up long term. Look at Nikkei or Japanese real estate for example.

Kangabanga likes this.
  16. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Sure you can cherry pick something here or there but the markets overall - real estate, currency, stocks etc are not going back to 1950's prices.

Tekoz, Perthguy and The Falcon like this.
  17. barnes

barnes Well-Known Member

Agreed. But you never know when that cherry or I can say lemon might end up in your own kitty. :(
    And it happens, believe me, I have experienced that myself. I think luxury Cuban real estate in USD terms is still cheaper now than at the end of Batista times, before Castro and the gang changed things there. :)))

18. MarkB

MarkB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Toon and Guest like this.
  19. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Biggie Smalls shot JFK.

20. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member