QLD The Most Hot Days Melbourne Sydney or Gold Coast 2015

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by tilt10, 5th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

From the bottom of my heart i hope they succeed for the sake of future generations

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Is it really the reason?

3. USC

USC Active Member

missing Melbourne in this list.

4. Sunny Bill

Sunny Bill Active Member

Evidently Melbourne doesn't measure bright sunshine hours. I could say something smart but I won't.

5. Sunny Bill

Sunny Bill Active Member

A major reason in moving from Auckland to Perth was climate and the affect it has on lifestyle and general well being.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Ah of course, but you could say that about most of Australia North of Tasmania ;)

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

The northern temps tend to be more level - less very extreme temps of hot, but very few cold days below 30 as well.

We went to Broome years ago for a holiday, and ever since then I have had some weird obsession with following the weather both there and Darwin.

Most weeks - Summer and Winter - the temp range for their maximums will be between 30 and 35.

Broome seems to hover around the 32/34 temp a lot in Summer, 30/32 in Winter..

Min temps drop down to about 26, but not often lower.

Melbourne - on the other hand - can vary by 20 degrees in one day, and over summer it is almost a given that after 2 or maybe 3 days in a row of 30+ temps (especially if the temps are gradually rising each day) you can almost bet your house that by the 3rd day; the hot Northerly's are screaming in, but by about 3pm, the inevitable cool change will be sweeping up the Bay, low darker clouds scudding in under the higher fluffy Cirrus clouds, and before you know it; pouring rain, freezing cold Southerly buster which clears the crowds off the beaches within half an hour, and then rain for the next 2 days and tops of about 17 or 18 degrees.

Last edited: 9th Jan, 2016