The Landmark Forum

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by NTR, 22nd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WalkaMile

WalkaMile Member

The people who wrote those posts actually did the course and they are addressing the hearsay that is coming up in this thread. Depending on who you ask, Barack Obama was born as Muslim in Kenya. barak obama is a muslim - - Yahoo Search Results

2. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

My experience

Met this guy who later became a distant friend.
    Mentioned landmark a few times. Said it changed his life. He went from hard drug addict to sucessful business owner.
    Pushed me hard to enrol in the program. I did
    Ended up cancelling and getting a almost full refund.

Fast fwd a few years later. He ended up putting his employees throguh the program. One said it didnt do much for him. One said it was ok. One said its good but not for him.

My friend contacted me and offered to pay for my course for me. I declined and enrolled myself thinking it must be good.

Ended up pulling the pin at the first break because no one would tell me what the course was about even the staff.
    Saw the program of bring a friend and decided to pull out.
    Got a partial refund after a lot of arguing.
    Havent been back

A few years later met a couple who were on and off for years. And had ended their relationship.
    Went to the forums together and changed their lives. Got married. Had kids and loved happily ever after

I still dont get what its all about

But yes, very culty behaviour

3. ElstonB

ElstonB New Member

While I'm not part of this community, I felt compelled to respond here when as someone who did The Landmark Forum and found this when I went to see what people are saying about it.

My experience was exactly the opposite of what you're saying here. We were told over and over again about the importance of reconnecting with people in our lives. To quote a review I saw in the Guardian, "Far from working to separate us from our families and friends, we were told there was no relationship too dead to be revived, no love too cold to be warmed."

A review that's pretty accurate:
    Investigation: is the Landmark Forum a cult?

WattleIdo likes this.
  4. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

If it's of interest to you there's no harm in you going to their intros to see if its a fit for you.

Different strokes for different folks.

To clarify your other post about none of us having gone to landmark, I was invited several times by the various people I knew, I went to various meetings they had. It didn't sit right for me personally. Perhaps you will feel different.

Regards,

NTR likes this.
  5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

What the World needs right now is Love.

NTR likes this.
  6. Truly Exotic

I attended the first 3 hours!

Lisa Parker and NTR like this.
  7. Truly Exotic

Being 75 and able minded and passionate iss good but if you are investing for yourself and yourself only, i think its a pretty silly or unrealistic strategy

Different story if you are investing for your famiky though

Chances are he is going to die at 80ish. So he wont be able to enjoy the fruits of his labour

8. NTR

NTR Active Member

He has many children and grandchildren. Interesting perspective however.

9. NTR

NTR Active Member

Totally agree. Thanks for your thoughts

10. NTR

NTR Active Member

Thanks for your thoughts mate

11. radson

radson Well-Known Member

How did that become part of the conversation? Depending on who you ask, the moon is made of blue cheese.

sanj likes this.
  12. WalkaMile

WalkaMile Member

My point is that hearsay is everywhere and people accept many things as fact without first hand experience- my example in this instance being Barack Obama

13. NTR

NTR Active Member

14. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Yes. That has always been true.

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

By all means attend these seminars...but people need to take what is right for them and what works for them...

Over the years...these are some observations of people who attend these seminars and fake it till they make it:

1. Some of the people will let it go to their heads a few on this forum have lost the plot and are spouting rubbish...
    2. The change you develop needs to suit you not because some seminar guru says so...only sheep do this..and you know what happens to sheep don't you??

Here are some skills you need to learn in life:

1. Never take no for an answer..
    2. Develop a thick skin...life is tough...stop being a namby pamby
    3. Don't take advice from people who are "perceived" to be successful or give the perception of success. Moral of the story...not all that glitter is gold
    4. Never take anything someone says on face value
    5. Don't be a tight ar$se...you not only cheapen youself...but it will affect how you perceive yourself. Some this forum are tighter than a frogs proverbial.....loosen up....
    6. Perspective is a skill...amazing how a little perspective can be rejvenating,,,

Last edited: 24th Feb, 2016
  16. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

This is a concerning article.

There are courses that teach people how to "influence" an audience. Many of the tactics are mentioned in this article.

Group dynamics and group consciousness are extremely powerful.
    It's wise to take moments out away from the group and disconnect from the group energetically to ensure you remain in charge of you and you don't accidentally end up in the brainwashing. (They will discourage this and set it up so it's difficult for you to disconnect from the group in this way, but you will find ways)

Question everything within your self and don't do anything that doesn't feel right to you. Even when they call you out on your "racquets" and say it's holding you back and don't you want xyz.....then you have to do abc. Just hold onto to yourself and keeping checking in with your own knowing and brain.
    it's hard because when you want what is being promised on the other side And almost everyone else in the room has drunk the kool aid, we end up convincing ourselves to jump in to.
    The author of this article articulates that percectky with her experience.

WattleIdo likes this.
  17. Truly Exotic

I have the belief that if you need to lie hide decieve sugar coat be vague about something then its probably not worth it

Good things usually sell themselves

WattleIdo likes this.
  18. Jake Milne

Jake Milne Well-Known Member

I've done it, good experience initially however they do expect you to continue to do other courses and to pay a lot of money for them.

Really liked the whole concept and it worked for me with gaining new perspectives on one's life.

Didn't keep on doing it due to the ever increasing expectations of your level of involvement. Quite similar to some Christian churches where people have to start teaching Sunday school and helping at fetes and so forth.

WattleIdo and g-dub like this.
  19. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi

Back in or around 1995/96 I attended a Landmark Forum event which was held over 3 days from early morning to late evening, it was so in-convenient for me at the time because all I wanted to do was go to Calder Park drags on the Friday night followed by Lygon Street burnouts after that and a late night pizza so I didn't want to go to this Landmark Forum event but was sort of forced to go or get kicked out of home. I was 21 years old at the time and it was given to me as a present from a neighbour of mine who is now nearly a billionaire and I am thinking that most readers on this forum would know the person if I mentioned his name which I will not mention it to protect his privacy.

This present was given to me as the neighbour at the time thought it was going to be a good thing for me to do in hope to get my out of my rebellious ways and troublesome nature as I was quite a handful when I was a young adult between the ages of 18 to 22 or so.

Did it do anything for me? Maybe it did as I put my bad habits behind me and started to make sense of what life was all about. I am now 41 years old with over 12 properties behind me fully leased and no debt whatsoever which is much better than spending a life behind bars which was was possibly my trajectory or given path before I attended the Landmark Forum.

Should I be grateful the fact I was given this present to attend the Landmark forum for what I have achieved in life? I think it was a very small part of what had led to my current situation in life and I probably could have achieved the same level of happiness and financial independence without attending the Landmark Forum, I don't want it to come across that I don't appreciate the Landmark Forum and how my life changed after it, but I do think a big effort must be made and the sacrifices one chooses to do play a big part in one's future happiness.

But on the other side of the coin if I hadn't attended maybe I would still be renting somewhere and just blowing all of my cash on fast cars, boats and stuff like that which I was doing so many years ago and which I have also mentioned in other threads on these forums. I have not recommended or pushed the Landmark Forum to anyone I know whatsoever as I think it might not be beneficial for everyone but if you think you can get something out of it than why not give it a go?

Regards,

alicudi

WattleIdo, g-dub, NTR and 2 others like this.
  20. g-dub

g-dub Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I thought I'd write this post as most of the comments seem to be opinions from people that haven't done Landmark.

I've completed Landmark forum + Advanced course earlier this year and would 100% recommend it to everyone, regardless of your stage of life/level of success. If you go in with an open mind and no baggage you'll see the benefits. Below are my thoughts:

DISCLAIMER: I have no further involvement or relationship with Landmark Forum and do not intend to participate any further in the program. I do intend to introduce my 2 kids to the Landmark Forum for Young People (8-12 yo) when they are old enough.

1. I do not consider it a cult. Cults take you away from your loved ones, LM aims to give you back to your loved ones by helping you understand where you've been inauthentic in every aspect of your life, especially with your loved ones (I'll explain more below).

2. It's very difficult to explain to people (although I'll try my best in this post) what you actually get out LM. People are encouraged to share LM with loved ones so they too can experience the benefits of the course. This is a great way for LM to market as they are a referral based business. I believe it works great for both the participant and the LM business. I think a lot of people get scared off with the pushiness of both attendees and LM to enroll in the course. I personally have no problem with being sold. I find it interesting watching the techniques LM use to sell as well as humbling hearing how passionate attendees become by the end of the course. If you are uncomfortable being sold to then that is a personal issue.

3. LM helps to discover "blind spots" in your life that hold you back. My mum died when I was 8 and I knew it had an impact on my life but I really wasn't sure what. I was hoping LM would help reveal that. I also have a terrible 2 years of marriage (wife told me after LM (we did it together) that she had planned to pack the kids up and leave me in 2 months time) however we are now stronger than ever thanks to LM. Through the course I discovered I had hidden issues with females in general, in particular:
    - My deceased mother
    - My younger sister
    - My wife

The female related issues included:
    Mum dying when I was 8
    Treating my sister like **** after mum died. Lots of teasing, bullying, physical fighting etc
    Using/playing women through my teens
    Always disregarding my sisters opinion through adulthood
    Distancing myself from my broader family
    Being extremely emotionally disconnected from my wife

My big breakthrough was realising I never wanted to experience the same pain I did when mum died which led to my behaviour:
    - Being extremely independent, not reliant on others
    - Never being truly emotionally connected with those I cared about (in particular my little sis and wife).
    - Being EXTREMELY emotionally connected with my 2 sons. I'd subconsciously told myself that they could NEVER hurt me. The only way they could was if they somehow died however I wouldn't let this happen as their protector. The irony is that anyone can die in an instant.

It was all a lie (blind spot) that I'd told myself subconsciously to avoid ever being hurt. The topic of avoidance plagues not only my life but a lot of people. You learn a lot about this during the forum, particularly through other people sharing stories.

^^^That's the really raw sort of stuff you get out of LM. It's easy to say "you don't need to do these courses just do xyz in life and you'll be fine". The problem with that sort of statement is that it doesn't address why you haven't been doing xyz your whole life, and why doesn't everyone do xyz if it was so simple? It's like telling someone to "be happy" without understanding subconsciously what is keeping them from being happy. LM really helps to dig deep into your subconscious and identify what truly is holding you back in life.

Other major things I got out of it:

- How terrible I was at listening. They teach you about "Always, already listening" which is about the words you put in peoples mouths (in your mind) before they even open their mouth. They go into detail of the implications of this plus what opens up when you can stop doing it.

- Rackets (essentially excuses) that lead to selfishness - again, a lot of these are blind spots.

Where I'm at today: definitely a much happier man with much stronger relationships in my life. I don't go gung-ho sharing LM with people but if I'm talking with someone and they share some issues they're facing I'll share my experience with LM and how it might help them. Thinking people are "lesser" and distancing yourself from people for them not doing LM is definitely not what LM teaches. And you should definitely not be trying to call people out on their own excuses etc, this puts people right off.

In summary: LM identifies your blindspots and gives you the tools to live more powerfully. Breakdowns still occur where you go back to old ways but you start to identify them as they happen and can begin to apply the tools to get you back on track. I still have breakdowns every single day! My wife even comments to me when I have them that she can see me actively going through the tools in my head to achieve a resolution.

Below is a link to the syllabus if you'd care to read more. I read it before I did the forum and it made no sense until I re-read it after the forum. The same may apply to you.
    The Landmark Forum Course Syllabus - How The Landmark Forum works. | Landmark Forum

Cost wise - they only have 3 courses that are part of the curriculum and I believe all up its under $2k.
    Course 1 - 3x12hr days + 10x2hr sessions over 3 months
    Course 2 - 3x12hr days
    Course 3 - 10x2hr and 4xFull weekend sessions over 3 months

Works out to be about $10/hour

Good money spent IMHO

It's caused a transformation in every aspect of my life and I would highly recommend to anyone considering doing the forum!

You might just have the breakthrough that gets you from 5 IPs to 500....

Last edited: 6th Oct, 2016
    WattleIdo likes this.