The insular peninsular

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 2nd Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I'm about to move jobs from where I work in mona vale and I'm not in a position to tell my patients where I'm going , but that hasn't stopped some fishing for information etc.

Today one of them said , " as long as it's not south of " the bridge " "

I'm thinking the harbour bridge is along way away , the other possible bridges are the spit bridge or Roseville bridges , but that wasn't the answer .

The bridge going over narrabeen lagoon is apparently what locals consider " The Bridge "

Cliff

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Haha i assumed spit bridge at first.
    little do they know there's a big amazing world outside the peninsular!! It's also good to keep them contained in one area

Magnet and WattleIdo like this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I was thinking the Luxford Rd bridge in the Druitt. Surely you need to come back. I'm certain most of your bad old patients have moved onto greener pastures lol.

See Change likes this.
  4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Insular indeed Cliff LOL :D
    Does this mean you're still semi-retiring?!

5. bob shovel

Study of Sydney demographics. Always do your DD. in this case,
    Postcode : head up ass ratio

Magnet likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@See Change - Why would you consider going south of Mullet Creek Bridge? (not even as far as the 'big' bridge over the lagoon).

upload_2017-3-2_22-37-52.png

Attached Files:

7. SYD

SYD New Member

And anybody who isn't living east of Barrenjoey Road is a westie.

SYD

Gladys and Scott No Mates like this.
  8. James G

James G Active Member

Hahaha! I live in Mona too. rarely venture past Collaroy (south) or Avalon (north) unless for work.

Gladys and Magnet like this.
  9. bob shovel

Can you tell your mates to put some thongs on when they go to woolies! :)

Magnet likes this.
  10. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Seeing there are a few of us on the insular peninsula maybe we should start a Mona Vale coffee catch up. No venturing over the bridge though...it's a dangerous world out there :cool:

Gladys, James G, EN710 and 2 others like this.
  11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Can you still leave your car in anyone's driveway, windows open & keys in the ignition with a note saying "keys are in the ignition, $5 for your troubles"?

Magnet likes this.
  12. See Change

Actually the northern beaches has a wide spectrum of all types of people , from cashed up billionaires to escapee's from the north shore and eastern suburbs , to tradies ( lots of tradies there .... ), to working single mums , to the unemployed on Center link , to people living rough on the streets , though usually in a park , though living in a van is the latest addition to the spectrum .

If you were living rough , where would you prefer to do it ? Living under the bridge at Luxford road with a crow bar / shotty for protection , or in a patch of bush over looking one of the beaches with your board next to you . Seriously , what you you do ?

Cheap accommodation ? It exists . Lots of retiree's who don't want to move out of the area so they rent out a spare room , convert the garage , put in a granny flat and rent it out per room . I have quite a few who've put the granny flat in the back yard , moved into the granny flay and then rent out the house by the room. They don't want to move out of the area and that maximizes their income. Two Bedroom units with bunk beds in both rooms . plenty of room for the boards in the stairwell or laundry . We've seen some creative uses of accomodation when we've looked at property . Tiles often the go thorough out due as easier to clean up the sand

That back injury that stops you from working and keeps you on centerlink doesn't seem to impact the ability to cut over the back of a break , and there's always second hand boards for sale on gum tree / ebay . I have one ex elite level surfer who is on centerlink who is always very tanned.

The northern beaches is full of people who have a positive attitude to life and want to go out and do things and be involved .

Biggest risk surfing on the beaches is sharing a wave with Tony and find yourself on snap chat , though I understand that's mainly a risk south of the bridge.

Cliff

Gladys, Magnet and EN710 like this.
  13. bob shovel

the split level and dual occs are common and also a strategy for the FHB's as a way to get into the market now. They can get out of a unit and into a house, as long as they can get a portion of the dwelling rented out to help cover the mortgage.
    My wife is from the area and after travelling the country and seeing the cross section of people exists everywhere, she still isnt in a hurry to go back. Her friends are struggling to live the lifestyle, many renting and living up to the hype. We cant justify the $$, although the beaches are nice.... im happy further away from the inlaws!!:) Our plan is to exit Sydney anyway. the insular peninsular is nice, but not for me

Magnet and EN710 like this.
  14. bob shovel

One interesting story which aids the imminent Brissy boom/rise, was some friends born and bred insulites left to go to Redcliffe, Qld for work. Missed family etc and moved back to NB, lasted 6 months and have moved back to Qld again to have have mum not work and look after the kids plus the lifestyle, rather than NB DIKing around - Double Income Kids in school/childcare;)

Magnet likes this.
  15. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I find the closer you walk to the beach, the fitter the people and the happier they look. Mona vale is one of our favorite beach, shame you're gone from there :(

@bob shovel where do you plan to go?

16. See Change

At this stage , I can't disclose it until after I've left .....

Cliff

17. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Ha ha! I'll try it and let you know...on second thoughts maybe not!

18. Ginny L

Ginny L Member

That back injury that stops you from working and keeps you on centerlink doesn't seem to impact the ability to cut over the back of a break , and there's always second hand boards for sale on gum tree / ebay . I have one ex elite level surfer who is on centerlink who is always very tanned.

Cliff[/QUOTE]

Yeah I see this a lot. Ability to continue working for cash , surf, swim, dive, do yoga, lift weights doesn't appear to be affected.

19. bob shovel

That's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" type question :)

Somewhere near the beach..... decent block of land. .... newcastle to agnes waters. ... but wouldn't rule out fnq

We could be in Sydney for 6 months to 5 years so we'll see what opportunities come up between then

Magnet and EN710 like this.
  20. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Sounds like what I want ;) let me know your location after