The inner pyromaniac takes hold

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 19th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

spending the weekend up at north arm cove , watching Richmond fight it out with west coast ( swannies , no worries from these two .... ) , posting on PChat and letting that little fire bug loose .

Cliff image.jpg

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

nice fire! i googled where you are, originally i assumed camping, but afl comments may suggest boutique apartment... ?:cool:
    either way a fire is always great for relaxing!

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I recall North Arm Cove was a place in the 80's where you could buy land but not build. Presumably that changed long ago.

The family used to live at Port Macquarie so we used to drive past the billboards and get the land sales ads on TV.

4. See Change

Those blocks are still there and you still can't build in them , BUT ,there are a couple of hundred blocks you can build on and we're on one of those .

You can " camp " on the " non urban " blocks and there are a couple of tents that look remarkable like weather board houses .... Complete with private property / enter at your own risk signs ...

We have a waterfront house we bought in the second half of 2012 . Turned out we picked the bottom of the market , but that was more luck than anything else . The place we bought had been on the market for over four years and we paid just above half the initial asking price . Things are selling fairly quickly now , not much on the market and we're looking at around a 25 % gain , BUT , we will never sell .

Cliff

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

do you get out on the water or fishing while your there?

6. See Change

We have a cat down at the beach and have done some fishing , but not as much as I would have like .

By chance we happen to be at a recognised hot spot in port Stephens located
    " between the two jetties " . We often see boats swinging in close to the shore line to fish off our place . Aim is to convert it to three jetties in the next couple of years . Hopeful that will bring even more fish in .

Cliff