The importance of engaging a property-savvy mortgage broker

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by beachgurl, 13th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I'm in a facebook group for mortgage brokers and omg my head hurts. In a discussion about multiple property investors being unable to refinance existing debt, the owner occupier type brokers who own zero properties are banging on about irresponsibility of investors for overexposing themselves and that they have enjoyed negative gearing for long enough. Obviously they've never heard of positive gearing.
    And the cracker - that if investors have to sell properties that's good for them cos they might be able to get into the market now. Hmm, if you have no clients buying property how are you going to afford to buy?
    For those new to investing, get your head into this forum and write yourself a list of questions to ask your broker. It still surprises me how few own property or understand property investing. There's bound to be investors stuck in badly structured loans written by brokers with NFI.

I know I'm preaching to the (mostly) converted in here, but I just wanted an understanding place to vent. Spending so much time in here I forget that the average person does not think in the way we do.

WattleIdo likes this.
  2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I have exited more than one group recently because it was 90 % negative stuff : (

We become like what we hang around I believe

ta
    rolf

wylie, Phantom, kierank and 1 other person like this.
  3. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

I know the group you're talking about. I was originally added into the group early on when it started but left the group due to the sheer level of trash quality advice/information requests.

I did rejoin it however and it's a fun past time to read some of the things others write on there.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

'Eating alone is better than mingling with those whose conversations are negative'. JR.

Terry_w likes this.