House & Home The happy I love my home thread...

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by hammer, 18th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Believe our back extention was done in 1986 because I found some old newspaper in a crack between the extention and the sandstone wall, and reading old newspaper clippings it quoted the owners from 1982 as saying they did the extention. :)
    Oh, and their family name was written in chalk on one of those supporting beams for the verandah and its still very clearly visible over 30 years later.

Last edited: 18th Mar, 2017
    MTR and WattleIdo like this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

We are still in the process of building our happy place but I can just sit there in it's half finished state and feel at peace. It's 10 acres and this being Perth, it's 20-30mins from the CBD.

This is the river at the back

[​IMG]

This is my favourite area - great big raked ceilings which one day I will ***** and moan about cobwebs on bur for now I just love

[​IMG]

A few weeks later and the alfresco you can see above is all lined and painted (the poor painter!). That's the pool inside the orange netting. You'll find me with my laptop (and propertychat) on the alfresco watching the kids in the pool

[​IMG]

jim1964, bob shovel, wylie and 7 others like this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

They are all beautiful.

Gockie and hammer like this.
  4. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Unlike your place, which isn't? :D Now get posting those pics because I know for a fact you have a very lovely little corner of paradise. I was jealous!

Last edited: 18th Mar, 2017
    WattleIdo likes this.
  5. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

Our house itself is a pile of crap but cosy, this however makes it what we love, the view from the bedroom window. FB_IMG_1489840898321.jpg

On 12 acres with plenty of room for shenanigans with the little ones.
    FB_IMG_1489841139616.jpg

6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Mine is so plain in comparison :)
    I posted the view over the back fence last weekend. Most of the rooms face north or east, nothing much is on the southern side.

For those who haven't been here, our house is 1980s plain brick, but the location is pretty good. We are 16 klms from CBD, seven minutes drive to train station, ten minute's drive to the Motorway, about fifteen minutes to the beach at Sandgate and a mere ten minutes to the countryside (Samford and Dayboro).

Five minute's walk to a desirable primary school and small shopping centre, restaurants, golf course, massive sports fields, new Woollies and a nice pub. Five minute's drive to my work.

It was 36 degrees here today when I jumped in the car to go to Aldi - I don't walk much.

7. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I have loved my place in Northmead for the entire time we have lived here, it's a lovely 3 / 2.5 / 2 townhouse, internal access to the garage and the place backs on to protected bushland (great view from the back bedroom, (especially when the creek rises during big storms, it becomes a waterfront property ;p), there are a lot of very rare birds in there apparently.

The move at the end of this year up to the Gold Coast is perfectly timed, we have loved Northmead but it's time for a sea change :).

ellejay, Gockie, MTR and 1 other person like this.