'The Happiness Curve' - Your frustrations have no basis if you read it!

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MWI, 2nd Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Recently a friend asked a question:

Do you find the changes to the deductions around property has changed your opinion at all? In tax circuits, we wondered if it would change the appetites of the investors. How have you felt about the change, or hasn’t it hit you because you don’t have any properties effected by the changes?

After long and extensive email I realised it really doesn't affect me, as I think it depends in our life journey where we are at...and that's my thought, I just don't care the way I did when I was in my 20's, that's all.... If I was younger and earlier in my journey, highly geared, perhaps yes, currently 'no', I really dismiss all this 'noise'.

Then she shared a great book she read called 'The Happiness Curve'. It's about the stage of life after midlife, and how we become happier once we accept life/us... and accept where we are and who we are.

So to those that are struggling over the last few years with frustrations don't despair, just read the book and realise you will discover your frustrations had no basis. This book makes so much sense.

The Happiness Curve: Why Life Gets Better After 50 by Jonathan Rauch

2. freyja

freyja Well-Known Member

Thank you! I have just downloaded it on my kindle - I look forward to reading it.

3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Have just ordered it from our local library!
    Marg