The great Australian housing bubble creating a generation of poor youth

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by proper_noobie, 20th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. shreko

shreko Well-Known Member

As a first home buyer and young Australian, here is what I believe would be most beneficial for our future:
    1. Throw up a wall surrounding Sydney (full Trump style) and allow anyone who doesn't want to be there to get out. Give Sydney to NZ or whoever wants it.
    2. Regional NSW will keep Canberra.
    3. Open the flood gates of immigrants bringing hard working people to regional areas to so growth can flourish on hard work instead of self intitlement (any Deja Vu for the older readers?)
    4. Viola, you can now afford your very own Property in a regional city of your choice, with no ramifications from Sydney Property market, and any previous lifestyle expectations from today's Gen Y now forcibly lowered.

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

yep, australia is a high cost but also high wage country.

3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

the wall should be between the NSW and QLD border- with all dem mexicans jumping the fence to brisbane and GC...
    As for canberra...even regional NSW does not want it...give it to the Kiwi's i say..:D:p

4. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

If you value property and wealth you will do anything to get yourself into the market and investing.

If it was cheaper to rent than buy in a certain region, wouldn't you just rent and then buy in an outer area where its cheaper, or go regional if you needed to get a leg up in the market?

Anything can be done if you put your mind to it.

5. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Hey kate, How do you veiw property now since you got burnt.
    Do you still see opportunity to create wealth through other strategies regarding property?

6. Kate Moloney

Its never the investment thats the problem, its the investor. Using this experience to learn and won't hold a grudge on property. I'm sure there are always opportunities .... haven't been looking .... focused on cleaning up the past and then need to build a solid foundation.

How are you going barny?

Daniel007, Francesco, sanj and 3 others like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Really happy to hear you say this. Its acknowledgments/realisations such as these that will really get you back on track in the long run IMHO. The blame game is a losers game, and I say that will all sincerity. We can blame people, institutions etc etc who in all probability DO have legitimate blame to be assigned to them. But regardless, it wont help us one ioata to go down that track, even when we sometimes may have legitimate casue to. That's the road for the burnt to be led even further into disillusionment and ongoing failure.

Good to see you posting again.

Last edited: 25th Mar, 2016
    Kate Moloney likes this.
  8. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

All is well thanks. Been paying off debts, increasing cashflow, selling stuff I don't need and stopped myself from buying any new toys I don't need.(but so want) it's been a tuff habit to break but mentally feel fantastic and cashflow positive is awesome.
    I decided not to invest anymore into property for at least 2 years, but in the last few days, 2 development opportunities in Perth and Adelaide have presented themselves, in no rush so will see what stacks up and how I feel about it.

Glad your doing well and building the foundation. Will be interesting to hear or see if you start looking again into property deals. I think it's a hard habit to break when know how to make a deal profitable which you did for some time. Especially now with all the hindsight

Kate Moloney likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

This is like a 180 from what you usually have been saying re property and your plans...

Unless I am getting confused with the other Barney..

larrylarry likes this.
  10. Kate Moloney

Absolutely agree, We have made a tonne of mistakes... beyond our stuff ups there were others that are a part of that journey. Ultimately we made the choice to go down that path, which we will always acknowledge, although I am also glad to have raised awareness about some of the tactics at play by certain others. Investors can learn from our mistakes.

sanj and Sackie like this.
  11. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Or Barnes?

12. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Oh please that's a ridiculous statement. I LOVE property but the idea that its the one and only holy grail is simply not true. for some people their capital and attention is much better spent elsewhere

Skilled_Migrant and Eric Wu like this.
  13. Kate Moloney

Good luck Barny, very interesting! Its good to have a declutter, makes way for the new :)

Barny likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

yeah I am not sure now.. only until recently I realised there are 2 barnes and barney... I am not sure who is who as I have always viewed them as the same...:confused:

Apologies @Barny if I got you mixed up with the other fellow

Barny likes this.
  15. Kate Moloney

I didn't say it was the only way LOL thats your perception

16. sanj

"if you value property and wealth you will do anything to get into the market and investing" means exactly that. I'm saying there are lots of people who value property and wealth who justifiably aren't in the market or investing.

but yes LOL as you say.

17. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

nope not confused, that's me. My strategy was to avoide property for another 2 years and build up my cashflow till the time is right again to go hard.
    But when opportunity comes calling I'll still check out the numbers to see if it works.

I think Barnes is trying to get out of property all together with one still left to sell.
    We're different.

18. Kate Moloney

Nothing has meaning expect the meaning you give it.

All humans have a hierarchy of values and your life shows what you value the most. Everyone has different priorities and there is no right or wrong way, only whats right for the individual.

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Ok cool, and yes I have confused you with Barnes..sorry.. I was thinking someone who wants to get out of property altogether wants to suddenly time development purchases lol...

Cheers

Barny likes this.
  20. sanj

Umm that's exactly what I'm saying, property in general and specifically investing in it is not right for every individual, which is not what your post said.

ultimately I think most of your sentiments are great and I'm glad you shared your story here. I just think your post earlier we are discussing can lead to people like yourself a few years ago jumping in head first without fully thinking about it because so often the idea is drummed into their heads that if you want to get ahead you must buy property. that's all im saying.

as for your comment about meaning - words themselves can be defined, it was said that if you value wealth you will do anything to get into the market and investing. the English language is the English language, we can't say something clearly and claim it means something else

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia