The genius of the Donald

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JDP1, 12th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Is trump...like, really smart?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Yes- compared to his support base, he is a genius

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Are you f@()_-# kidding...

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Did Sanders receive an apology? I think she did actually by the committee who organised this. Perhaps google
    I guess there is a difference from humiliating someone and comedy, but its OK she is part of the Trump administration..... my point.

2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

If Sanders received an apology, that’s more than any victim of Trump ever received.

I couldn’t imagine Scott Morrison, Malcolm Turnbull or any of their predecessors resorting to the same denigration of opponents which Trump delights in. Except perhaps in parliament, and that’s about each other.

Keating perhaps, but he was the master of the clever insult, and not name calling intended to belittle.

So the president of the United States vilifies somebody, but because a journalist goes too far during a celebrity roast, that makes it ok?

Is it really ok for misogyny to become normal, just because it comes from the president of the US?

Is it really a good thing for anybody to be calling somebody else names which are intended only to hurt?

This sort of name calling is wrong, no matter who it comes from. It’s wrong from the president, and it’s wrong from anybody else. It’s use from somebody in his position is only going to encourage the use of denigration as a technique by so many other people.

If journalist x or comedian y calls somebody a name intended to denigrate, it’s wrong. But when a president uses it, it is so much more visible, and will only serve to make society a poorer place.

wylie and Lizzie like this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

He also made a vile comments about Tiffany's legs and chest when she was just a baby.

This 1994 Video Of Trump Talking About Baby Tiffany's Legs & Chest Has Resurfaced

.... as for the Michelle Wolf video - I think you will find most of us were disgusted about it. I do not understand American humour, where they somehow think it's funny to be so derogatory about someone else.

However - it was Trump that started the name calling and has continued on a level unmatched by anyone else. This is the premier example he is presenting to the world of what he believes is acceptable ... and it is NOT acceptable

wylie and geoffw like this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Okay - I read your link and can't see an issue. Basically supports all she has said but claims she will have trouble winning over Trump supporters ... that's a given and something I don't then she has even considered trying to do.

So what's your point?

Combined with Beto or young Kennedy? They would be a force to be reckoned with.

Bring it on

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

If you think the roasting was solely because Sanders is part of the Trump administration then you need to look further than the end of your nose.

She is proven to be a liar in attempts to cover up her bosses lies - she is proven to distort the truth if it's not convenient - she won't take questions from certain members of the media based on dislike of what they publish - and countless other actions that are not becoming of someone in her position ... Sanders bought the rebuke all upon herself

Casteller likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

She has not got a chance and yes she thinks she is a contender....very funny

I dont anyone is a real contender

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Oct, 2018
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yawn
    Whats this got to do with The Press conference evening

Nothing above is relevant

Holly Molly .... akin with...... she wears tight fitting clothes therefore she deserves to be sexually harrassed:eek: ..... thats the MOB left mentality.....they call themselves the civilised ...... :p

Last edited: 17th Oct, 2018
  8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Totally relevant because how she behaves in the press conferences (as I outlined above) is what she was being "mocked" about. And you were the one that bought it up.

But - she was apologised to - many many people found the performance disgusting ... in comparison to Trump who has never apologised for mocking and insulting others.

Mocking and insulting is NOT a sign of strength - it is the lowest form of "wit" and is rather a sign of insecurity and weakness.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Psychology 101

...... and my point was the left needs to stop the hypocracy...... they are also guilty of this .......

Its the pot calling the kettle back......

Voters dont buy this

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Can you point out some quotes from the left where they've mocked and insulted people? I'm assuming you mean the Democratic senators? Or are you meaning the media?

Nobody could hold a candle to the disgusting things Trump says about people. But I'd be keen to see what you come up with.

Lizzie likes this.
  11. highlighter

highlighter Well-Known Member

I find it silly people are so fixated on the whole "left" and "right" thing. They're not teams, people. You can think for yourself and form your own opinions. Say the left did this, the right did that, it's divisive and tiresome.

12. wylie

Only a few are doing this though. Most of I believe can see the main problem is the man at the top.

Actually, several posters (myself included) have admitted there is fault on both sides, senators that have acted and voted against their own principals and conscience to toe the party line, but some will never admit there is fault on both sides.

This happens in Australia too of course, but the name calling started at the top. And a fish rots from the head.

Lizzie likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Very funny I think your right, also number 1 troller

Examples, do I have to seriously just google Left mob, left unhinched etc etc

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes..... you got it wrong .... most are fixated on Trump from the day he got into office

His making the media rich

Welcome to US politics

15. wylie

Yes I'd like to see where any senator has said the disgusting things or called other senators such names? I cannot think of any. You've made a statement. Where is an example?

Lizzie likes this.
  16. wylie

And whilst we all know what Trump says, know all the lies he tells without blinking, I believe the bigger problem is that he is encouraging his base to act in a similar manner as he does. He has encouraged his fans at rallies to "punch him in the face" and that has actually happened. He offered at a rally to pay the legal bills if someone did punch someone.

This is coming from the President of the United States people. Do those on the forum who support him think this is ok?

It is disgusting and is lowering the tone from the head down. Trump is embarrassing the US in front of the world.

Of course, his antics won't lower the tone of those with morals, but there are plenty who are slavishly following his every word, his every tweet. And his senators are happy to follow him against their better (and even stated and filmed) judgement about him before he was elected.

This is totally hypocritical but I guess some people will do anything to stay in power. I do wonder what their wives and families think of them with their flip flopping and turning away rather than stand up to this man.

And the chanting at the rallies just shows how those with similar views are being allowed (even encouraged by Trump himself) to act in a manner that would never have been encouraged by George W Bush (or any other President, of either side).

That is the biggest danger I believe. Giving people encouragement to behave like Trump does.

luckyone and Lizzie like this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Dont forget his not our Prez and this is your opinion, clearly not what voters see

If trump is such an embarrassment why are leaders jumping hoops??
    Why so many wins

....and then Maxine Watters.... comes to mind

Last edited: 17th Oct, 2018
  18. wylie

Because they want to be in his favour, keep their jobs, big pensions etc. And I don't believe there are many wins.

Lizzie likes this.
  19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

When the president shows his immaturity by name calling, other people follow suit.

And then his fans say that it's ok for him to do so, because other people do it.

Insults and name calling are not ok, whether it's Trump, or anybody else, no matter what side of politics or from whatever profession. It's bullying and it's hurtful, and a so called leader should not be encouraging its use.

luckyone and Lizzie like this.
  20. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Done only so he can keep his job.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.