Entertainment & Music The Founder

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 15th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

....All about MacDonalds, not only are the burgers bad but so is the Founder.

I highly recommend this movie. Learn about one of natures true ar$seholes...

Keaton brilliant actor.

Xenia likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is that a load of Ray Krok? :oops:

datto likes this.
  3. Stu6161

Stu6161 Member

A great movie. Nasty guy, but how often is that essential to take something from tiny to giant?

I hope that isn't the case, cos I'm trying to build something big, and don't want to be a pr!(k.

4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Looks interesting

The true story of how Ray Kroc (Michael Keaton), a struggling salesman from Illinois, met Mac (John Carroll Lynch) and Dick McDonald (Nick Offerman), who were running a burger operation in 1950s Southern California. Kroc was impressed by the brothers' speedy system of making the food and saw franchise potential. Kroc soon maneuvers himself into a position to be able to pull the company from the brothers and create a multi-billion dollar empire.

MTR likes this.
  5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Loved it, love him, love the focus and the vision he had for what he wanted.

MTR likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Money can do strange things to people

There are also some facts at the end of the movie which surprised me, won't spoil it for those interested in watching this

Redwing likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Persistence, key

Xenia likes this.
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Good movie.

One of the key messages I took.. never rely on a handshake agreement.

Gockie, jim1964 and willair like this.
  9. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Keaton can make a real ******** seem lovable :D

Will have to watch it

[​IMG]

Xenia and MTR like this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, my favorite actor, brilliant

Xenia likes this.
  11. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

He was anything but lovable. Persistent, dedicated, focused ----se hole, but effective and successful. Sounds like an entrepreneur ;)

12. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Watched it last night, quite amazing how quickly he got it so huge. For anyone that "enjoys" a Macca's here and there I suggest also watching Food Inc. Fantastic documentary about the commercialization of food production and how Macdonalds are essentially responsible for many of the ways food is produced these days. The figures on how much beef, potatoes, tomatoes and lettuce they need to operate is mind boggling. Careful though, if you're on the fence about giving up meat this could sway you! I love my burgers etc but the last few months I've been really struggling with how we produce our food, watching these doco's isn't helping. I'm consciously cutting down on meat now and staying clear of the supermarket meat & veg in favor of our local butcher and farmers market where you know the origin of the food. I'm far from a food preacher, I've eaten plenty of rubbish in my life, but when you see these chicken farms in the States and the intensive cattle feed lots its absolutely inhumane how we treat the animals and it's causing serious issues with the quality of what we put into our bodies. Food Inc. is a real eye opener, even if you've no interest in that sort of thing it's worth watching just for the stats.

Starbright, WattleIdo, MTR and 2 others like this.
  13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yep! He sounds like a total ********!!

MTR likes this.
  14. Shaneo78

Shaneo78 Well-Known Member

Watched it with my partner - She was yelling obscenities at Kroc throughout the movie. I think she is a keeper.

MTR likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Keaton always plays a good villain.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

BTW, this movie is also a lesson in property investing 101.

17. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the 'documentary' however I would question how many feedlots you have visited/worked in before drawing these conclusions.

I have worked on many farming properties in Australia, including feedlots, chicken farms, piggeries and even took jobs in a slaughter house.
    Never have I personally whitnessed animal cruelty.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but take the 'documentary' with a healthy grain of salt.

Not all meat is created equal.

Blacky

P.s. Sorry for the de-rail.

18. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Will never forget Ilimo Farm in Port Moresby. Did a tour with the vet when I did work experience. I hope things have improved since then.

19. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

I haven't drawn any "conclusions".

The "documentary" is Food Inc. I'm pretty sure Australia doesn't intensively farm the same way the USA does, and sure, there's no doubt farms where animals are treated fine. All I'm saying is after watching that film, plus a few others today, I'm really questioning the amount of meat I eat. I'm not preaching, I've eaten more than enough burgers in my time. I've no interest in getting drawn into a debate about it. As with most things we're all free to make our own choices in life, I'm just beginning to question some of mine.

Even if you've zero interest in it, I would recommend watching the film. It's fascinating. It's not an animal welfare propaganda film, it's about the intensive farming culture in the USA (both animal and grain) and how basically 5 companies control the lot.

Blacky likes this.
  20. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I think it was a good move not naming the Big Mac after Dick McDonald. It could be a little embarrassing at the the counter. lol.

DaveM likes this.