The FIRE and lovin' it thread

Discussion in 'Financial Independence, Retire Early (FIRE)' started by ellejay, 26th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

So many threads around on where's going to boom next, how you might get ahead financially with property investing. No problem with that but where are all the old crew? Those that have reached their goal, no matter how big or small and might keep investing, but who cares (i.e. they have enough to last for the foreseeable future)?

We're just finishing a 10week work contract in December then going on another road trip before trying to find a place to put down retirement roots. Might work, might not. The plan is, and has always been to head to NZ. At 46 though there's still time to explore mainland Europe more...

I think investors can get so used to juggling multiple projects and risks. I'm still looking at settling 2 projects single handed before I finish work in 3 weeks. Husband thinks the transition to retirement is hard, he doesn't know what taking on the investment stuff in 'retirement' would look like. Same for me, I'm wondering if I may carry on following opportunities or not.

All of a sudden I find myself looking for people similar to us, who are trying out new areas in (semi) retirement. People who aren't sure if they have enough. People just doing stuff outside the box. Would love to hear any stories...

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think I may be the old crew?......

Most investors I know who have reached financial freedom (not the same for everyone)... never stop investing, start property related business' etc. etc. and continue growing wealth.

I think the opposite, hard to stop this especially if you enjoy it. The beauty of it is you can be anywhere in the world and continue to invest.

The only issue you may have is servicing debt? but there are always ways around this if you look hard enough.

MTR:)

Perthguy and ellejay like this.
  3. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

I qualified for a seniors meal in a pub recently (fair play, it was because I fancied something on the seniors menu rather than because I have a seniors card) but maybe that also qualifies me as being part of the "old" crew ? :p

MTR and ellejay like this.
  4. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Is the seniors meal the one that comes pre chewed?? :p

Terry_w, ellejay and Darren like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think it comes with a straw and a bib actually:p

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  6. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Am I the only FIREy (financially independent, retired early) who's still on solid food? :D

Perthguy and Gypsyblood like this.
  7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I might be right behind you...I got a decent payout...lookin to see what to do next...maybe some contracting. But the properties are the true passion...

ellejay likes this.
  8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

LOL! Sorry Sash, but I beat you to it.

ellejay likes this.
  9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Mt Druitt to blossom again. Currently seems to be in a wilting vegetative state. Not much green at all.

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yeah..I knoz...dems the breaks...ya can't win dems all...but not ready to be put out to pasture yet...

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Mate stay off the heifers.....dem vegans will be on yo ar se....but being vegetable is all apples...:D

datto likes this.
  12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Give it time......

datto likes this.