The face of a misunderstood modern young woman

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Angel, 12th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Indeed @Marg4000 , more like the face of an egotistic woman with a severe case of cognitive bias.

Marg4000 and HUGH72 like this.
  2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

It has a lot to do with how people are treated. Racial profiling exists. Maybe try going to the airport a non white looking person (if it were possible) and see how often you'd be selected for "random" security checks, as one small example. It happens virtually every time to some people I know. I don't know why an immigration officer would magically be different or special in that regard.

I don't even get the outrage around her initial comment on Twitter tbh. It was pretty mild - someone could have easily said a lot worse and I doubt anyone would have even cared if the same comment came from say some white greenie guy or something

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I don't deny that racial profiling exists - but I'm as white as they get (German and English ancestry) and I get selected for random security checks every single time I enter an airport (and I used to fly several times per week!) - so I don't think the security check thing is a particularly good example.

In my experience, the security check people don't just sit there waiting for someone dodgy looking to come through - as soon as they finish with one person, they typically grab the next person coming through for a check.

Lizzie and Marg4000 like this.