THE election weekend 2022.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sackie, 20th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Australia just voted the most leftist government into power in history. Up until now it was Whitlam that had the honours, but this just at a new level. It’s all too late now.
    I don’t know what more action people want on climate change, both leaders have agreed to net zero by 2050, and anything that Australia does to reduce its 1 percent emission to zero won’t change the temperature of the planet. China won’t get anywhere near net zero by 2050.

Last edited: 22nd May, 2022
    Blueskies, Piston_Broke and 2FAST4U like this.
  2. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

So the government haven't been sworn in yet and you already know that they will be a far left government?!
    What policy of theirs is so leftist?

Lizzie likes this.
  3. Serveman

Perhaps one should read the policies of the greens for starters. Anthony Albanese is from the left of the labor party with links with the former communist party and Adam Bandt is from the left faction of the greens.
    Yes, let’s give the new government, and Anthony Albanese our support and the opportunity to do well and act in the National interest of all Australians, however I do have reservations.

4. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Can you back that up with some links?

Lizzie likes this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Exactly - good - and as voters we are well aware of it. The majority have spoken.

6. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

7. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

yeah, I reckon he was off his game. Sounded a bit crook, maybe recovering from the nasty flu getting around

spludgey likes this.
  8. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Serveman likes this.
  9. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

EA971C58-252D-4C62-AAF9-4132F505E0C2.jpeg
    Bonkers image! I might be the only Classical Liberal in all of Melbourne if this continues :eek:

10. Serveman

I don’t think that some Australian’s are aware of what they have done and the potential damaging implications this may have for a liberal democracy like Australia, particularly if one values personal freedom ,national sovereignty and economic autonomy. A lot of people who voted teal, wouldn’t even know what policies they stood for, and some Australians are politically illiterate and inexperienced as they have never lived in other political systems unlike many immigrants can attest.
    I can understand a lot of young people turning out and voting for the greens because of climate concerns as they should , but the greens haven’t been a party for the environment since Bob Brown was leader, who was a true environmentalist.
    Meanwhile Scott Morrison’s Liberal party have lost their moral compass but that has been coming since Malcom Turnbull was PM and if anything good is to come out of this is that many progressives in the LP lost their seats.
    The doctrination in our schools and universities, along with the mainstream media, the entertainment industry and corporations and global
    Interest groups have gradually infiltrated the west and we could be heading into the next phase of a political structure dictated by a form of corporate government alliance and domination of the individual.

11. Serveman

Yes, this information is easy to find, in many publications. If one is not aware of this, highlights why I believe many Australians don’t know politics.

Last edited: 22nd May, 2022
  12. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty clear from this election that Australia has resoundly rejected hyper-conservatism, division and extreme neoliberalism.

I.e., the sky news school of though espoused above is not shared by the majority of the populace.

We now have 3 years of a centrist government with a progressive senate. I'm fairly confident that this won't affect you at all, and that Australia will be a better place for it.

The Liberal party has lost its base. They will probably turn to Peter Dutton now and lose it even more.

13. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

So he was interviewed by a communist party newspaper in 1991. Seriously?
    That's pretty desperate ...

14. Piston_Broke

He was a communist that hung out with other communists.
    You may notice that militant hard lefties rarely associate often with those that ain't.
    In the 90s I once went along with some of them to an Albo speech, it was pretty obvious.
    He seemed like a Marxist believer, a little too much for me.

15. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

If there was a shred of truth to this, Murdoch/Sky and the MSM would have been all over this.
    They did try and play the scare campaign card re China but it didn't stick either.

Lizzie likes this.
  16. bamp

bamp Well-Known Member

something something sky news something

17. Piston_Broke

LoL what can I tell you, I was there.
    Albo has been playing small target and no tv media I seen has been calling him out.
    That article was Feb 22. Any journo ask him directly about it?
    Anyone ask what he thought of Jack Mundey?
    If it starts coming out it will likely be from his insiders planning to replace him.
    Though it was 20-30 yrs ago and a bit hard to make it stick unless the media has a cancel mission on him.
    And even I think he's much less left for at least 10 yrs

18. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Screenshot_2022-05-23-07-46-15-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-23-07-45-03-51_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

lixas4 likes this.
  19. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

lixas4, wylie, George Smiley and 2 others like this.
  20. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I'm amazed by the right wing commentary. The libs did not lose a single seat to any candidate more-right than them, but they are calling for the Libs to go harder right...

https://twitter.com/MrKRudd/status/1528294370700455936?s=20&t=sq3epPQSskml_6L64j6YxA

lixas4 and shorty like this.