The Day I Snapped...

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by mrdobalina, 28th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Work hard when you're young and set yourself up for the future. But don't get too tied up in the rat race though, otherwise it'll completely drain your soul.

BigKahuna likes this.
  2. tvadera

tvadera Well-Known Member

How long did you work in your job? Good luck with your second innings

3. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

About 15 years.

4. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Sometimes as I sit at my desk and go through all the bureaucratic red tape I need to make **** happen, I crack. A bit of me cracks day by day sitting behind this computer screen and commuting on a daily basis to a contracted 9-5 role where I get paid excellent money for my age.

I don't know when they day is that I get up and just say I cant' do it anymore, but there will be a day.

Hanison and mrdobalina like this.
  5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I think @Omnidragon was in a similar boat?

The Y-man

6. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Yep my first job was what they called bulge bracket investment banking. I used to go out drinking if I finish work before 1am because, well, it's not often I get to leave so early.

Most days I worked til 3 or 4am, came back at 8am next day. In my first year my shortest week was around 70 hours. Normally I average around 110-120 hours a week.

So yea I always find it funny how people tell me you work harder as an 'entrepreneur'. I run my own fund and investments now and certainly don't work 120 hours every week. Some of my relatives have a suite of businesses and goes to them once a month. The whole point of being an entrepreneur is to work smarter. Not harder

Ostraylia likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia