Cars & Motorbikes The coolest car for the least money?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Bran, 7th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Well-Known Member

What sedan would you get for $50k?

2. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

3. Danny370z

Danny370z Well-Known Member

I have to sell my 2010 40th Anniversary 370z as i have had a work car for years and now will get a permanent car so keeping it is not worth it as i never get time to drive it :( Still brand new really so it will be a bargain for someone to enjoy.

4. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

I see more blokes driving an MX5 compared to your SL500 ;)

Car tart likes this.
  5. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

A mate of mine had a bmw m3 some time ago now that I drove a few times. It went quite well and would probably be a good second hand buy these days. I also bought a cv8 monaro over ten years ago. It would also be a good second hand buy. It feels faster than the m3, pulls very hard and sounded great with an xforce exhaust on it.

I have also seen you can buy a second audi s6 with the v10 engine, the same as the r8 engine for around 25k. I am not really a big audi fan but the v10 sounds good. Another mate of mine had an audi s5 with the 4.2 litre v8. It could pull away from my monaro with the 5.7 litre v8. That audi s5 was a good little car. Another mate had the ford f6 turbo. It also pulled away from the monaro and felt like an absolute rocket.

There is a lot of choice and value buying second hand cars they days. The other day I came across a VE calais V with the 6.0 litre v8. From memory it was around $5,800.

Bang for back a ford fg xr6 turbo is probably the best. Had around 270 kw , the same as the 6.0 litre calais above. But with a flash tune kit for around $1,000 ,you can take it from 270kw to 370kw without any other modifications.