The China Hustle

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Dean Collins, 1st Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure which "topic" to post this under but this is probably about the best (mods...feel free to move).

I'm watching #TheChinaHustle - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7215388 and wondering what peoples thoughts are, though may not have gotten much coverage in Australia etc.

Great documentary. Very much like Enron 2.0 etc

Yet again auditors and lawyers booking fees without due diligence or care.

Its available at Amazon on demand - The China Hustle - https://amzn.to/2EanFFV (I assume this is available in Australia eg with their distribution rights as I watched it here in NY on Time Warner).

This is the article where I found out about it with some more background - https://www.marketwatch.com/story/finance-documentary-the-china-hustle-revisits-chinese-reverse-mergers-and-activist-short-sellers-2018-03-30

[​IMG]

Was worth my $6.99 just to see General(ret) Wesley Clark squirm like a little girl when he realized his FUBAR decision to be interviewed in the first place.

Like I've said before I don't think China collapsing is that big a deal directly for Australia because I don't believe the numbers of properties they are buying directly are as much as people like to think.....this said, I do believe if China catches a cold we will be in a world of hurt via miners and other exports we make to China and as such thought some of you would find it worth the $6.99 rental fee etc.

Either way....interested in your thoughts.

Silverson, 2FAST4U and Terry_w like this.
  2. gerege

gerege Well-Known Member

I watched it on Netflix. Pretty amazing that’s why I can’t trust shares. Unless I’m actually at the factory or I know a lot about that industry I can’t bring myself to throw money into.
    Seen so many of my family members buy into stuff they have no clue because looks so profitable on paper????.

3. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Hmm. Will watch it tonight. Interesting.

4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

5. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Watched it. If US investors are buying in without being careful they have no one else to blame but themselves.

Don't believe it is applicable to Australia, looked at a few of Chinese companies listed on ASX. Out of those I looked at 100% didn't perform very well, were delisted or liquidated*. Which leads me to believe suspicious nature of Aussie investor will keep people in the clear.

*Not advice//DYOR