Entertainment & Music The Block.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sonamic, 21st Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

Lizzie ... I have cedar lined cathedral ceilings. I just wish I had allocated provision to put in a very large fan in the bedroom and lounge.

I have air conditioning in both but most times I just need a very large timber fan

Lizzie and Perthguy like this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Watching the final reveals now. That blue beadspread! Oh boys, what were you thinking! o_O

I do like wall art though.

3. Perthguy

Oh ouch! I would want a dimmer on the island o_O

Chrispy likes this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Yep - provisioning for every scenario ... lot cheaper than taking to roof off to add wiring

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Thoughts on the auctions?

I couldn't keep up and didn't know the apartments well enough to gauge prices

But one thing i found quite confronting was during kym and Chris auction the lady that was winning got pulled aside and pressured to bid higher against herself (she was winning wasn't she? ?) The auctioneer and stand over man were telling her that she was still a way off in price compared to the other units and she should go higher. Can they do that? Isn't that bullying or pressuring her to go higher when she is the highest bidder and the unit is in the market

We felt very uneasy watching and felt bad for her to be put in that position and she looked visibly upset

6. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Yes. Poor lady. She had it won. Was on the market and she was the highest bidder. Trying to force her to pay an extra 300k because that's what next door sold for is rediculous. She stood her ground, to her credit. Just a shame the break gave the BA's the chance to ring clients to say the "Penthouse" was going for a song. She got the boys unit in the end, but fair play or not she should have won on the top floor. Disgusting human behaviour. But legal.

House and Perthguy like this.
  7. Perthguy

Happens all the time. I have seen auctioneers and buyers get into full on yelling matches after the auctioneer 'took them to one side for a chat'. More than once. Disgusting behaviour.

8. Perthguy

Mixed results but they seemed to do pretty well.

9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

So - who won - couldn't be bothered watching it

10. Perthguy

The couple from downstairs. The male side of the duo was a bit of an ass. Does that narrow it down? :)

bob shovel likes this.
  11. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

Will and Karlie won $715k plus the $100k
    Juia and Sasha won $660k
    Dan and Carleen won $525k
    Kim and Chris won $425k
    Andy and Ben won $510k

It was great to watch if you knew the personalities.
    I can't help but think the comments made by the Judges during the show had an effect on the sale of the apartments. Most of their comments related to furniture and dressing of the apartments, which has nothing to do with the way it had been renovated!!!!

I really enjoyed "The Boys" when Scott asked them how much they were hoping to win, they said $65k each if possible, as that would be a full year's salary for them, being Primary School Teachers. As the profit went up Scott was saying Senior Teacher...Vice Principal, then at the end Principal salary!!!

Perthguy likes this.
  12. au contraire

au contraire Well-Known Member

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there is any way to watch The Block past seasons without the adds? I don't think they have the series on dvd and their website has all the episodes but you need to watch the adds too..

Any way to bypass the adds?

Thanks

14. Perthguy

You can probably torrent them but it's illegal.

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I have looked in some places and can't seem to find it. I am even willing to pay...but you cant buy it.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia