The Block (reveals)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 23rd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I know this isn't a reveal...but....last night's show was so funny. All the contestants look at each others, except for Vito & Tanya, who refuse to go the M&M's place. Everyone was very nice, saying how lovely everyone else's space was EXCEPT the spoilt brat twins. First M&M's place....this is disgusting...ours was better... and on and on. Then they go to K&J's place. Same thing,,,whinge, whinge, complain complain. This is disgusting.....we should have won....Talk about sore losers, and NO, they should not have won.

When this is all done & dusted I hope T&V come dead last & the boys second last. Not really fussed on the order of the other three. They are all decent homes, and appear to be decent people so deserve to make good from it.

luckyone, Sackie, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm with you on hoping T&V and the boys come last. I know all shows have a "villain" and certain "types" and footage can be manipulated by careful editing, but when you've said to camera what these people have said, it doesn't really matter how an editor cuts it, the things were said.

I feel sorry for T&V's children who could well be copping flack on social media over this. T&V likely also are copping some flack (I've no idea but assume so) but they chose to do what they've done. Their kids have no say in it.

Last edited: 19th Oct, 2021
    luckyone, Stoffo and skater like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I think it'll be that or boys last, cheaters second last.

They don't realise (or maybe they don't care) that when it airs....all their family and friends will see how stupid and embarrassing they behaved.

Unless their friends and family are the same... then it's happy days....

Re winner.... I think it'll either be J&K or R&G

luckyone and skater like this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This is the thing. I don't know how you can say one thing, then deny it five minutes later when it's all on camera. She's seriously delusional. And her husband just enables her.

luckyone likes this.
  6. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting until the houses are completely finished and all auctions completed for when the producers step in just prior to the winners presentation with pic's/footage/phone logs and disqualify all those proved to be involved in the schedule cheating saga = the most dramatic end to The Block EVER :D

skater and Sackie like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's called dudelusional :D

skater likes this.
  8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Monday discourse (as usual) ... :D

Loved R&G's stairs and the Provence feel with the cobble flooring - disappointed M&M didn't put dedicated gym and separate wine cellar downstairs (to go with steam room) rather than the half hearted "media room" - the boys? no words as their laziness and arrogance, and hence falling behind week after week, catches up with them - finding J&K's downstairs so dark, I'd be busting to get out into some light - T&V, although I like the look and theory of the garage door, they lose and entire wall of potential storage which doesn't make sense

Surprised most were 3 bedders (some put in an extra office/bed) as thought they would've been a standard 4 - or - they would have, at least, done their own plans up for such

Last edited: 25th Oct, 2021
    luckyone, wylie and Stoffo like this.
  9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

As I recall, most of them were supposed to be 3 bedders from the start. M&M did plans for 3 beds, but one of the buyers agents looked at it & waved a magic wand over it, to create the 4th from what was originally poorly thought out. I really was not a fan of their downstairs area. What's wrong with a small space as a dedicated wine cellar, looking like it IS a wine cellar, and then a small theatre, lounge or gym. Putting it all together like that just looked like no thought had been put into it.

The boys.....what can I say? Nothing really! Laziness! Arrogance! Selfishness! It's already been said. Glad they actually got really bad scores from the judges though. T & V, well their house is well and truely outclassed by the others. Shame the judges told them to put a 4th bed in. I would have loved seeing their poor results come auction day.

So far, for me, K&J and R&G are the winning homes. Loved the stairs, and the look downstairs. K & J isn't quite as nice, but a much bigger home, so lots of value, although if I bought it, I'd find a way to remove those Gagganau wine fridges & sell them.

luckyone, wylie and Lizzie like this.
  10. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

The boys remind me of a few "friends" I have house-shared with.. Mum usually shows up to clean up their space, stock the fridge and wire money to their bank account.. Mummy can't save them here.. their poor character is on full display..

They got roasted on their guest Bedroom/Ensuite.. not sure why they didn't put in a bed?!?!
    I thought it was a bit harsh of Neil to say they should rip out their Ensuite?
    We're actually doing a reno at the moment where we have a similar size guest Bedroom/Ensuite and we thought it was a master stroke when we re-jigged the layout to create the space

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The issue with the ensuite was that there was no width to put in a shower screen with a door ... and if a screen was attached to the vanity wall, to protect the vanity, then the water would flow out the entry door. At less than 900w the space was simply to small

Sackie, wylie and vbplease like this.
  12. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Agreed ;)
    With money getting tighter and the fact that "5 fridges" is way OTT (yeah, 4 are temperate storage and 1 a fridge) I thought they might have gone to R&G or M&M and said "wanna buy a $20,000 Gagganau fridge for $5k" :D (prior to installation)
    Most of the others spent good money buying a wine storage fridge anyway (and it would have been yet another excuse to promote Gagganau again :rolleyes:).

luckyone, skater and Lizzie like this.
  13. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

He is right. Basin and vanity only fits in doorway and prevents a shower screen which must open outwards. Its too small. You cant go from the loo to the shower without stepping outside. A wardrobe that size would be too small. Their builder seems to not see or know these issues and has led them astray. Why nobody told that venetian plasterer to stop surprises me. Just plain gyprock and paint would have looked better and been days quicker.

The twins share their intelligence and went balls out to win a defective bathroom that is also still not fixed. All their rework efforts to room after room have made things worse not better. They cant even paint. The piles of crap in their house show a waste of money and time.

luckyone, Stoffo and Lizzie like this.
  14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I think the space was big enough, just poorly planned. We've got a tiny ensuite like that, however the vanity is a lot closer to the toilet.

15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The whole room was poorly planned ... if they'd put the ensuite against the far wall, then you'd have a very usable square space left over. Can't remember if the window had been in the way - but all this comes down to poor planning in the first week, when they decided the full layout of the houses.

A stitch in time ... comes to mind. An extra half day spent really sussing out the layout, in the first week, might have cost the first room but would've been priceless thereafter

luckyone likes this.
  16. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Yep, trying to make a study, bedroom and ensuite in that small space was just stupidity, and if I recall, originally that was supposed to be a parent's retreat. I'm thinking they've seen what others have, and just decided that they needed to get another bedroom and study somehow, so this what they had to do, especially as the main bathroom can only be accessed from beds 2 & 3, which is why they needed to cram an ensuite in there to make the 4th bedroom.

luckyone likes this.
  17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

They gonna come last or second last.

A well deserved position.

Well, I hope that's how it goes down.

Stoffo and skater like this.
  18. qak

qak Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching - too over the drama, repeats, ads.
    Is there some page I can go to that just shows each house???

19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

This was stupid in the first place. We had a house that was 3 bed, 3 bath - but every bathroom was an ensuite. Meant any visitors had to walk thru someone's bedroom (even if it were the spare room) to use the bathroom..

20. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Just no lateral thinking. Such a stupid thing to do.

luckyone likes this.