The Block (reveals)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 23rd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

More drama this year because of two of the couples. Yes, wish there was more of the build. Even with the time they have, they could include more of the build and even include the drama, just NOT CONSTANTLY REPEAT THE DRAMA SCENES. Like poor Kirsty's nan passing away. They showed her crying every single episode this week. Was that necessary? No, it wasn't!

luckyone and wylie like this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That's why I on my watch the reveals ... to see the minimum highlights and the results.

Love that M&M and R&G helped K&J with the painting while they spent some family time ... and they still finished their own spaces ... unlike some other time wasters. Very telling as to who are the decents on the show

telling worth Skater ... the double long halfway is poor design and both were to skinny to pass comfortably if heading in opposite directions

wylie and skater like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

And I agree with M&M comments about time for new judges. It's long over due imo.

wylie, skater, Stoffo and 1 other person like this.
  4. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

"The Block" has run out of steam as do most shows after time. Loved it when it began but now only watch the reveals - same for Master Chef b-o-r-i-n-g ... :(

luckyone, IrishDigger and sauber like this.
  5. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

I've watched a few episodes lately and it seems like the contestants are only allowed to paint, grout and move wheelbarrows of dirt around. It's really an interior design competition where their primary role is to decide on the layout, choose fittings and colour schemes, and I'm certain they have professionals guiding them behind the scenes. They don't do any renovation or building work. I guess the aim is to achieve the highest price possible on auction day so channel 9 get their money back

luckyone, wylie, qak and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

oh how hilarious ... Tanya - if you are going to blatantly lie on camera, then don't claim you didn't lie on camera only to have it reshown "on camera" ... and then - Boys - to claim others are "cheating" when you have been caught out, numerous times ... belly laugh

Last edited: 18th Oct, 2021
    luckyone, wylie, Stoffo and 2 others like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Did you hear Veto's latest comment about the scandal photo...."we were set up!" Lol

luckyone, wylie and Lizzie like this.
  8. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

She's another breed isn't she.. it was annoying when she says "he needs to put his big boy pants on and come over here and say it to our face".. 10 seconds later he's over there, so she spits some more abuse, then tries to run away..
    she says the cream rises to the top, but funny how they've been second from the bottom the whole show.. and will likely end up near the bottom.

Not sure why I'm still watching this? even the reveals are trash..

luckyone and Lizzie like this.
  9. vbplease

Thank goodness season 9 of Grand Designs Australia is streaming on youtube.. there are some amazing episodes in this season to get one's fix.

luckyone and Sackie like this.
  10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I love the reveals - condensed abridged version of the drama without having to watch it endlessly, and then the reveals themselves

Cripes those boys are dirty they didn't realise to get a fixed price quote

luckyone, wylie, qak and 1 other person like this.
  11. vbplease

The way they were saying "we've never done a fixed price" as if they were taking some moral high ground?!?!? they really are clueless..

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

p.s. gorgeous backyards for R&G and M&M ... my eyeballs did bulge at the money spent, being dyi-ers

Wouldn't it be lovely to actually watch a series where everyone got on, pitched in, helped out and had a fab community feel

Last edited: 18th Oct, 2021
    luckyone and wylie like this.
  13. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

how much did they spend? i think my backyard i spend 5k and it looks mint! and i did it myself....minus the dog grass....lol

Attached Files:

wylie and qak like this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

think the lowest was around $45,000 with the pool not included in that (sponsored)

qak likes this.
  15. skater

skater Well-Known Member

PLUS....boys complaining about how Kirsty & Jesse had got free sandstone (which they probably didn't), while they went to the Margaret River Trees guys complaining that they didn't get any trees, and managed to score another $20k worth just for themselves. Ummm....can someone say CHEATING again.

16. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

I think “Margaret River Trees” got a lot of exposure from the draaaama. They got mentioned so many times!

For the money they spent, I was a bit underwhelmed with some. I would like to see M&M’s pavers with the artificial grass in real life. It looked good on TV, but not sure if that was accurate.

17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Weren't they upset that someone got dibs on the trees first ... tantrum much.

Wasn't impressed with the chickens ... great idea but no run, no laying nests and nothing for the "free range" chooks to poodle in (vege gardens and long grass)

luckyone and skater like this.
  18. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

been there done that with chooks...waste of time, eggs are great but all you do is bring in rats and clean up **** while chooks **** your backyard!

Stoffo and Lizzie like this.
  19. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

so you could say that backyard is probably 100k+ easy! and a pool in melb....LOL.....need i say more....

Lizzie likes this.
  20. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Yeah, chooks aren't really the kind of thing that I associate with multi-million dollar suburban homes. A cubby house, sure, but not chooks.

luckyone, qak, Stoffo and 2 others like this.