The Block (reveals)

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 23rd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I agree! But they are drama queens. I expect no less! The other male team, on the other hand, are overall just bad sports, AND had the fiancé over the night before reveal, once again. No, she didn't help with the styling, did she? Is there no end to their cheating? Glad they didn't win.

Sackie and wylie like this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I agree re the "pantry drawers" - I get that they are "the thing" and can work well if you have a long swathe worth - but they literally had 6 drawers, two carcases worth. Sheesh - I have 3 pantry's in my kitchen, for a family of three (plus pets) and they are all used, so a couple of pissy drawers just wouldn't cut it.

Sackie, balwoges and wylie like this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Mark and Mitch seemed petulant and refused to acknowledge they might need to change things. I do think they may have a second think and possibly might try to add a full height pantry somewhere. They aren't stupid.

Sackie, balwoges and Lizzie like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I want R&G to win the block. Overall their home so far is the best.

T & V are likely to come last. Their home is shockingly ugly to me.

Millie and Lizzie like this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The judges raved over T&Vs kitchen, but I thought it poorly planned and to much going on

6. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

I don't believe any of the drama/commentary :p
    There are occasions where it is clear the questions being asked are baiting, or footage from a different time/day/situation o_O
    I like watching the changes in the houses, everything else is unnecessary noise :rolleyes:

I would never buy a BLOCK house, sure the controls and standards have improved, but they will date quickly :(

The kitchens are made out to be an entertainment area like an extension to a lounge, a butlers kitchen is often a waste of space (shouldn't be any more than a place for benchtop items like toaster/kettle or to dump the dishes out of sight until tomorrow :D

Most city dwellers I know grocery shop 3-4 times a week, massive pantry storage results in out of date and wasted food :oops:

* we have a small narrow pantry (450mm wide), the balance are full opening draws, it works :cool:

Attached Files:

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Me too! Either them, or the country kids. M & M should do well from the auction. Although I'm not fans of them, they do have style and they do work hard, so they deserve to do well. I'd like the twins & T&V to come last, merely for their bad attitude and all the cheating. T&V's home is dreadful, and the kitchen gives me a headache.

wylie and Sackie like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree.

My partner and I don't really care what the judges say - they are full of baloney. Dan and Dani should be judging, they are much better imo.

Lizzie and wylie like this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Definitely want twins and the Psycho Tanya and Veto to come last. Their terrazzo kitchen benchtop reminds me of a cow.

The twins are just young and entitled brats.

Stoffo, vbplease, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

We often laugh at the judges.
    Judge 1 "Oh, I really like this. It's outstanding"
    Judge 2 "Yes, beautifully done"
    Judge 3 "It's down right awful. Look at X, Y and Z. I really think they could have done much better.
    Judge 1 "Yes, there's W wrong as well"
    Judge 2 "I agree, poor quality overall".

So much for independent thinking......

Stoffo, Sackie and wylie like this.
  11. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

I couldn’t live without an “old-fashioned” pantry - would hate drawers. I even hate the pull out pantry shelf units. Maybe OK for a small Unit/townhouse, but for a family sized home, I do think you need a pantry.

Lizzie and skater like this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree. I think it was a big mistake in judgement M & M made.

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

:eek:just realised no reveal tonight due to the stupid game thats on....o_Oo_O

14. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Oh the horror :D
    Tomorrow's reveals better make up for the extra wait :p

Sackie likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Precisely :D

16. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Do you mean these ones? https://www.mitre10.com.au/media/ca...it=bounds&height=840&width=840&canvas=840:840

I really like those.. I like how efficient they are with space and you can see everything in it, whereas things can get lost at the back of a pantry shelf.

Sackie likes this.
  17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Finally getting a chance to watch the "hell week" reveal ... hahahahahaha ... can someone tell Tanya to stop digging herself deeper regarding paying for the laundry install. Clueless

Love Kirsty and Jesse more every week. What a humble and solid work ethic

Like Ronnie and Georgia's art hallways but it's too narrow to stand back and appreciate the art itself - need a minimum width of 1.5m - and concerned that it will get to much direct sunlight and damage the gorgeous/expensive originals

Okay - I don't get "laundry baskets" in the laundry. They need to be in bathroom areas cause one ain't going to run down the hall with their dirty laundry under arm after having a shower, to put in the "laundry" basket

Last edited: 11th Oct, 2021
    wylie and Sackie like this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Those 2 twin brats just have the worst attitude. It's cringe worthy. And hugely sore losses at volleyball.

I like K&J reveal but prefer R&G one. Style preference for me. T&V lipstick mirror is beyond ugly I still have the after-taste of vomit. Not to mention Tanya is probably the biggest, most shameful cheater on any of the blocks. Veto is just...well......nuff said.

Last edited: 12th Oct, 2021
    wylie, Lizzie and skater like this.
  19. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

I wish that the producers would include an occasional 90 second infomercial style educational "this is why" & "this is how" about the building process.....

Like a freeze frame moment zooming in on a background scene, take almost any "drama scene" and zoom in over the contestants shoulder at the actual workers and cut to an example of worker wrapping the timber stud frame, could even insert a sketch showing it's purpose or another later scene of the cladding going on !

Too much drama & BS, not enough of what the BLOCK started out being about :(
    * the building process ;)

20. skater

skater Well-Known Member

With Ronnie & Georgia's house, I just don't 'get' the hallway. They had no plans for these homes, so they did their own. Now, who in their right minds does a long skinny hallway up one side of the house, just to have a hallway back down again. They would have been better off having a single hallway down the centre of the home & split the bedrooms down the middle. It could have been wide and dramatic, to suit the rest of their home. Love their entire home, but hate the double hallways they've created.

Love Kirsty & Jesse, love their house, and the fact that they somehow find the money to do their oversized home. Never complain about the extra work, just do it.

Tanya & Vito are so fake and deceitful, and (try) to dig their way out of a hole of their own creating every episode. Not to mention their 'design' is often ugly.

The twins, OMG. Wasn't it them who asked for the vollyball match, but didn't tell Ronnie & Georgia about their 'secret weapon' of the builder who could play? Then get smashed by Ronnie, and then go crying that it's not fair? Cry me a river. They wanted to 'scam' Ronnie into doing some of their painting, but it backfired big time. Such poor losers!

wylie, Lizzie and Sackie like this.