The annual REBAA AGM Just happened...

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by BuyersAgent, 7th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

For anyone considering using a Buyer's Agent in Australia - hopefully at some point in your online search you will come across REBAA - they are the REAL ESTATE BUYER'S AGENTS ASSOCIATION. A peak body representing BA's nationally and aiming to educate buyers on how to purchase more safely, how to avoid spruikers and navigate the buying process generally.

Anyway, this weekend the AGM happened. Personally I really enjoyed it, great few days of catching up with some of the nation's high quality BA's including well known forumites such as @Jacque @Propertunity @Lisa Parker @mrmonopoly and some great training as well. We went out for dinner: I sat next to Alan Fox and felt like an old old man coz I had to ask him "what did you say" about 30 times it was so raucus! Lots of fun. The schnitzel was the largest I have eaten since my 20's and had about half a block of cheese on it. Just about right I'd say.

The REBAA comments about outgoing and incoming executive members below for those that may be interested...

"Congratulations to the 2019 REBAA Executive Committee - President Cate Bakos (Cate Bakos Property), Vice President Ramon Mitchell (Gault & Co), Secretary Richard Evans (Fortune Property Finder), Treasurer Bryan Loughnan (Propertyology) and state representatives Scott McGeever QLD (PS Property Advisory), Shelley Horton NSW (Albion Avenue), Leigh McConnon VIC (Buyers Advocate), Claire Corby ACT (Capital Buyers Agency), Katherine Skinner SA (National Property Buyers) and regional representative Matthew Knight (Precium). A huge thank you to outgoing NSW state representative Sebastian James (Hunter James) and SA state representative Paul Siwek (Logica Property) as well as outgoing regional representative Jennifer Smith (NQ Buyers Agent) for their outstanding contribution to #rebaaover the past year.

Thanks also to outgoing REBAA president Rich Harvey for his phenomenal contribution to raising the profile and lifting the bar on industry standards over the past four years. We’ll miss you!"

#rebaa #buyersagent#buyersadvocate#buywithconfidence #lookforthelogo#industryleaders

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Was that you @BuyersAgent? I just assumed the cold breeze near my ear on your side was the grim reaper o_O. I might have had too much cider - just as well we were all walking back to the accommodations.

BuyersAgent likes this.
  3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Congratulations Matt aka @BuyersAgent on becoming the regional rep for REBAA. I'm sure you'll do a sterling job :)

Always a pleasure hobnobbing with likeminded colleagues and discussing the market and how we can continuously improve the buyer experience. I've been a REBAA member for over 10 years now and proud to be a part of a professional body that has so many actively committed and great BAs.

Only criticism I have is that I didn't order the schnitzel :D

Propertunity likes this.
  4. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

Best part of the AGM is hanging out with genuine professionals who have enormous commitment to this industry.

The knowledge in the room - wow!!!

Jacque likes this.