The 25-year-old with eight investment properties

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Mumbai, 20th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

It takes a lot to be successful, there are a lot of knock backs and learning and criticism and failures along the way.

You have to grow as a person, change your ways, be flexible when the tides turn and keep pushing on and persisting even when odds are against you.

I know in my business, lots has gone wrong, I've fallen over many times, have been let down, put down, lost a lot and changed a lot.

I have put up with criticism from weak people that will be crushed with even a fraction of that criticism thrown back at them.

I have learned to trust myself and my own abilities and made some major changes but the journey has never been easy.

It takes a lot to be an entrepreneur - I will always congratulate people who got there because I know how much it took for them to get there.

Haters will always criticise and find faults and justifications and blame for things that have gone wrong along the way, but if they are not in the trenches trying to make it like the rest of us, I for one don't give a damn about what they have to say

2. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

I'd love to have them on Domain if they're interested! Jeremy and I met a few years ago and it basically turned into me writing his portfolio but I'm seriously interested in other investors' stories (PARTICULARLY when they have nothing else to promote - these people are hard to find!!). If you want to send them my email: [email protected] I would be so so grateful.

legallyblonde and BigKahuna like this.
  3. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Is that really true? I reckon people are same in States

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

No absolutely not, they have a totally different mentality to Aussies.

legallyblonde likes this.
  5. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

A lot of people say the same about say Chinese yea? I don't know how true that is to be honest

6. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    whats the fascination with the # of properties owned?
    I never hear share investors talk about the number of shares they own..just the value of their portfolio.
    Imagine reading... this young investor owns 250,000 shares in XYZ Pty Ltd, with a value of 40 cents per share...and is worth a staggering $100,000 .
    Versus
    This young investor owns 1000 shares in Apple, with a value of $400 per share...and is worth a staggering $400,000.
    These forums should make a cultural shift from talking about the number of properties owned, which really tells us nothing , to talking about portfolio value.

7. johnpendlebury

johnpendlebury Well-Known Member

Well said.

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Depends on the context.
    The more property transactions someone has been involved in, the more experience they will have in that area.