Terri Scheer uncontactable customer service

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by RogerP, 9th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Ok so I'm planning to buy some Terri Scheer Landlord insurance and been trying to ring them to ask some questions before I do so.

Their phone number is uncontactable. I've rang several times over the past week and just given up cause i've been on hold for that long.

Now, I can simply just buy the policy, but this level of customer service seems to be a bit of a red flag to me.

Contrastingly, PIP plus (Property Insurance Plus) which some people have recommended on here answered straight away and gave me a quote that was actually quite a bit better. Only problem is they literally don't have a website where you can get a quote online - you have to ring up - for 2021 that seems a little amateur-ish. I want to deal with professionals and I don't want any issues if I ever have to make a claim.

So I'm just wondering, is there just a thing with Terri Scheer's phone system for the past couple of weeks or they normally this bad?

At this stage, I'm leaning towards PIP.

luckyone likes this.
  2. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

I took out a new policy with them yesterday, I was on hold for about 20mins but after that it all went smoothly. Called maybe 930am.

3. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

I emailed and it took 3 weeks to get a reply and I'm a current customer with multiple properties.

BunnyXiao likes this.
  4. Takingcareofbusiness

Takingcareofbusiness Well-Known Member

This has been my experience with all kinds of companies as people 'work' from home. Everything takes a lot more time and effort from the consumer. I am getting a bit sick of people apologising for lack of efficiency. RANT OVER.

BunnyXiao likes this.
  5. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

ever since Covid hit TS are useless and send me idiotic replies, wrong info and take ages to email back.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  6. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

The customer service at TS have certainly taken a hit, I waited 25 mins to speak to customer service and 55 mins to speak to claims yesterday. Even when you get someone they are inexperienced and vague over the phone. They sent out an email with reduced pricing a few days ago so I wonder if that has made it worse.

Service pre-Covid was pretty good in the times I've called.

7. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

PIP is a bit archaic, but as you've experienced the customer service is quite good! As Property Managers we can get quotes for you online with them too :)