Termite and Building Inspection before going unconditional

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Fitzy1903, 30th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Fitzy1903

Fitzy1903 Well-Known Member

Thanks mate - I chucked in an offer today which was a reduced price based on the items on the inspection report however was told it was too low and was asked if my offer had any wiggleroom. I said nah, so it will be interesting to see if they get back to me with a counter-offer. I have no idea of real estate agent tactics plus I am not desperate to buy, but obviously hoping that they get back to me with all the research that I've done!

2. Dan L

Dan L Well-Known Member

Where the time and situation permits, you should be looking to do as much due diligence as possible with pest and building reports being no exception. The other thing to keep in mind is that, notwithstanding that a large component of these reports are verbose waivers, limitations as to liability and exclusions, these reporters are professionals with insurances, meaning if they mess up or miss something, you may have some ability to recoup losses.

Fitzy1903 likes this.
  3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

This is important .

I find it rare to get a B&P that doesn't raise potential issues . The important thing is what is the condition like compared with similar properties . Is it a bad example or not .

If we have any concerns we'll ring the inspector and they are always happy to talk to you about the report and clarify issues .

Cliff

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia