Terminating a property management agreement in QLD , what will agent handover

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Timmy123, 11th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Timmy123

Timmy123 New Member

I've had the same property manager for years w no drama until she recently sold. The new manging agent is terrible and we have decided to part ways. The aggremnet we are exiting is on a PAMD form 20 A.

I shall be collecting the documents, current lease, keys etc next week. Does anyone know what list of documents should be provided to me by the outgoing agent. I read somewhere it had to include all documents for the last 12 months. Is this true, can anyone advise are suggest a check list. Is there a mandated requirement

2. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

I'd get a copy of the ledger, shows full history of all payments, notices issued etc.

If switching to another agency/PM ask them to sort it out for you, all bases should "hopefully" be covered then.

3. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

Firstly the PAMD Form 20A is an old form used prior to approximately December 2014, this for will hold you with your current agent for 90 days. If you have not been with the agent that long and when this Management transferred over to the new agent (if it was after December 2016) you should have signed a Form 6, in which case you will only be required to give 30 days notice to leave.

You should request the following:-
    Current copy of General Tenancy Agreement
    Application(s) for all current tenants
    Copy of keys signed for by tenant (if not already in the entry report)
    Bond Lodgement Form
    Bond Lodgement Receipt
    Entry Condition Report
    Current contact details for all tenants (which may already be in the lease agreement)
    Tenant Ledger
    Signed Form 5 (change of agent) and you will need to lodge this Form with the RTA
    Any keys or remotes to the property
    Any body corporate by laws
    Any warranties relating to the property
    Smoke Dectector servicing report or date of last service
    Pool compliance certification (if applicable)

Hope this helps, this is the items I request for all new managements

Stoffo likes this.