Tenants in arrears.

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Tomodachi, 17th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Like @Lil Skater has mentioned there are rules and your PM should know these rules.

Yes if they fall in arrears and then come back to not be you have to start the process again. I guess at worst case you are never really more than 2 weeks behind and you don't pay the PM more for issuing the notices but can understand the frustration.

I would either get them to vacate through breach of their lease agreement or issue notice to vacate when their lease expires and then relist it.

kierank likes this.
  2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

wait for the 2 weeks of non payment and then apply to VCAT and evict them. I would fire the PM doesn't seem to have a clue.
    I have a similar tenant always later but she has kept up to all payments over the last 2 years and doesn't really complain. my Rent is usually 2 weeks late on average

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Might be an eastern states thing. I have been self managing for over 10 years, 3 properties in 2 states. The worst I have had in terms of late payment was a couple of days late. Of course there has been some property damage but that is a separate issue.

4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

May well be just what's happening in the south side of Brisbane with all the for rent-lease signs up,even you apply the Notice to remedy breach forms and i only went through this less then six months ago,just a small part of the business and the experience you gain from dealing with people who have a very clear understanding of the Law and take it right up too the legal fence line every time..

Perthguy likes this.