Tenants have problems with neighbours, what to do?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Jat, 8th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Maybe letting them go is better for everyone?
    However, keep in mind that neighbours sometimes push the boundaries if they own and next door rents. They sometimes think they have rights to your property. I feel sorry for your tenant but it's too late now.
    Tell your neighbour (s) to back off and pull their heads in. They have no doubt crossed a line.
    If you think you can sort your tenants out, I would try to do that. They will be forever grateful. Get a new PM.

Last edited: 9th Feb, 2017
  2. jrc

jrc Well-Known Member

How can you say the tenants are good if they are causing a nuisance to others?

3. Hung

Hung Member

If rent is received on time and the tenant is looking after the property, I wouldn't evict based on what has been said. It's a police matter and not your problem.

Since the eviction has already been given, I would see it through and remove them and claim the lost of rent on your insurance.

Ed Barton likes this.
  4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

2 things.

1 if people are doing something illegal, threatening etc, give them the local cops number, your a landlord not a cop.

2 if tenant is in a strata property, they need to abide by the by laws, if you have written complaints outlining them breaking the by laws, you warn them I would say, then anything further they are out, otherwise BC can have a go at you, basically, do not ignore a ******* tenant giving the other occupants hell.

Seeing you have given notice, I would get them out, as I cannot see the other residents being happy, but your call as you have to decide what stage this is all at, you also may void your LL insurance, check with insurer.

5. Magoo

Magoo Well-Known Member

Don't buy into all the hearsay, you risk losing more money if things go south. The fact that they didn't move when they had to is a concern. If they didn't want to deal with the neighbours they would leave by their own free will. Keep the eviction moving, take the bond and any shortfall loss from insurance. Been through this before, hoping they'll come good..it's taxing, move them on.

SeafordSunshine likes this.