tenant wanting roof to be insulated

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Elives, 11th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

What is your problem dude ? can't you just ignore my posts maybe :)

There is a smile there for a reason ya know & I ain't gotta splain nuttin further as it says it all I thought, even if it was serious, the explanation is there :) So don't panic, not trying make it hard for renters.......

Hi Wylie, maybe it is the way the house is designed, if it has lots of air gaps then insulation wont do much.

Proper insulation works & very well, needs to be in walls too, which is where most older places will fall down, also needs to have a good aspect, if the long walls sit in the afternoon sun, that won't help.

So when it is say 40, if the house is kept closed and insulated properly, would be under 30 inside, it also helps in winter, but unless in a really cold climate not so noticeable., it really is a huge difference, but in Bris it does not seem to be as hot or cold, that is why they built the highset QLDrs the way they did, for air flow.

To give you an idea, we have lived in all sorts of places and aspects in Syd, in a 2 storey non insulated place, main bedrooms upstairs, in Sydney we were beside ourselves for many weeks each summer, you would not sleep properly and often would have cold shower (we were not staying there, so no money on insulation or AC etc), basically, only relief was downstairs, living in a well insulated house with good aspect, no such issues ever, also no AC used, sleep is sound, never have to shower to cool down, just a low speed fan to circulate air suffices on the hottest nights.

2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I dont have a problem, i asked a question. Bad day at the office?

Anyway it looks like we have similar views on the topic of insulation so how about we hug it out instead

Last edited: 13th Jun, 2016
    Scott No Mates likes this.
  3. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Insulation for new builds is mandatory in Qld, both roof and walls.
    I would have thought this was best practice and it makes a huge difference, at least in hotter and colder climates around the country.
    6-star rated houses/townhouses | Department of Housing and Public Works

Edit- not mandatory, but one of the factors which will achieve the 6 star rating.

Last edited: 13th Jun, 2016
  4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Added bonus of them having to use more energy is it means more coal being burnt.
    More coal used, more demand, prices rise, more mining, economy grows...
    Burning more fossil fuels - win!

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I was going to add that at the end, but ironically, thought it may tip some members over the edge into a scrolling rage, so left it off....

I was probably right to do so :) But I am glad you raised a great point that I did not due to being PC.....ha ha :) (I may get a job offer from Abbott ???)

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Feigned outrage is the best.
    Quite the tactic.