Tenant on periodic lease leaving mid settlement?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Johnny Cashflow, 30th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

I am currently selling a property privately.
    It is rented with periodic lease

Tenant has informed me they want to leave which is a real pain because they told the person buying that they were wanting to stay.

The conveyancer is preparing the contract of sale. The tenant has not given me a date they want to leave. What do I do in regards to selling it now? Do I tell the conveyancer they are wanting to leave?

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I don't really get the problem. Is there a specific buyer lined up, or is this the general contract of sale?

When you get a specific buyer, just find out whether they want vacant possession or a tenant in situ - and amend the contract accordingly.

3. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

Yes have buyer lined up. They have viewed the property and under the impression it is tenanted with a good tenant that has been there for 2 years. I'm probably overreacting but think losing the tenant may scare them off

4. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

just be honest - and worst case offer to find them(buyer) a new tenant (if you really wan to keep them) if they have an issue

wylie likes this.