Tenant Application form

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Skipper, 6th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Skipper

Skipper Member

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to the forum, but have enjoyed reading many threads so far and have found some very helpful tips already. Thank you!
    I would also love some help please with a blank tenant application form. I have in the past used a real estate as a letting agent, but I want to start finding the tenants myself. I've found a tenant application form online, however when I try and download and alter it I can't work out how to do it. It's a PDF file that doesn't seem to be able to be altered. If someone has a blank tenant application form that is compatible with Word Document that they are willing to share with me I would be very grateful.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Skipper.

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

What state is it for? I'm pretty sure the fair trading or equivalent in each state publishes standard tenant application forms for their jurisdiction.

What else would you want to add on it anyway?

3. Skipper

Skipper Member

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's for QLD. I don't want to add anything, but the one I tried to download had a real estate name and address already written into it. Just wanted to be able to remove that. I'll try the fair trading thanks.

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Print it out, white out the name and copy the now clean form?

5. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Could be some intellectual property issues, so best just to use the public forms if they're available. Worst case scenario, I imagine even using a different state's forms would be fine.

Skipper likes this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

This site would give you some idea but all these forms would be under copyright,and as you would have to lodge the rental bond with the lease and make sure you have that set-up right with a bond number,because when the #### hits the high speed fan that's the first questions your landlord insurance will ask you,then the lease with the rta,,good luck..
    Forms for general tenancies | Residential Tenancies Authority

7. Skipper

Skipper Member

You're a genius Wylie!! I blame my being brain dead and not thinking of it myself on my impending settlement this Friday!hahahaaa Even better I can print it out, scan it back in and then remove the real estate name/address in photoshop. Thanks for helping my brain work properly!

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member