Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Telstra Shares

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 11th Oct, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

i see Telstra (TLS) have gone down to $5.05

Do you think they are worth buying should they get lower say $5.00?

What is the chance and time period for them to hit the $6 mark ?

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

The messiah has returned!

Where have you been? How's business

datto and BingoMaster like this.
  3. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

Quick, let's all consult the oracle! Or maybe this time we should ask the tea leaves...

4. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I bought some at 5.00 this week.

radson likes this.
  5. ErYan

ErYan Well-Known Member

At that price the yield is around 6% fully franked - over 8% grossed up. This company could, and sometimes appears to be, run by a bunch of people throwing darts at a wall, but they still make money. As Warren Buffett say, this is the perfect business Warren Buffett explains why a good business is one 'your idiot nephew' could run

Better than buying term deposits.

Only one thing to consider is whether this or TPM, a company in the same sector as TLS, better value at the moment. Note TPM focuses on growing rather than dividends. They actually know what to do with money so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If TLS decide they know something about running a business and reduce dividends to fund such an idea, you can start to worry.

I have TLS but I don't buy direct shares these days.

Not advice.

orangestreet and Anne11 like this.
  6. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

TPM has been hammered during the last 1 month. Do you think its a buy as it might come back to its original level soon or there is more downturn ?

7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

There seems to be some uncertainty about telstra from what I can gather eg NBN and ACCC effect on earnings..

I hold telstra and of course I'm waiting for that rebound as at the moment this stock is like smacking my rear end from one end of the Druitt to the other lol.

pippen likes this.
  8. ErYan

ErYan Well-Known Member

If I knew for sure I'd buy it myself. Because I want to lower my volatility and risk I only buy ETFs and LICs and therefore do not own TPM. It also means I don't need to research shares. The guy to ask about TPM is @The Falcon. He is a guru and recently mentioned that some very experienced professional investors running BKI said it was oversold at $8. These are risk averse investors who have been in the game a long time.

My only reason for bringing up TPM was as a comparison to TLS. Same sector, both cheap, TPM in particular. I could probably run Telstra better than the current executives, which means that it'll be pretty hard to destroy.

Not advice.

Anne11 likes this.