Entertainment & Music Teen Boss - TV show

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by KayTea, 25th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Did anyone else watch this on the ABC last night? (For those who didn't, or haven't heard of it, it's when a teen is given complete control of the household 'budget' for a month, and see what transpires....). While there were a few questionable items that appeared to not be discussed or taken into consideration, it was a fun watch, especially with a pre-teen.

We've kept our little person aware of the concept of a household budget, and the non-money tree, but she really wanted to have a go at our family budget after watching the show. She wouldn't let me tell her how much certain bills were likely to cost (e.g.. electricity, water) - she wanted to come up with all the values herself. We told her the income, and the budget categories - the rest was up to her. It was quite an eye-opener (for everyone in the family) - apparently, our medical expenses should only cost $30 per month (someone wanna tell the private health insurers that?!), but our water is $1000 per month.

Her classic comment (before we were able to set her straight on actual expenses) - "Mummy, it's not the budget that's the problem - it's the income. You guys just don't earn enough money". So, I'm sending in to see my boss, to negotiate a pay rise :D. Priceless.

Gockie and Dan Donoghue like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia