Technology to help manage investment property

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by cjbroad, 11th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. cjbroad

cjbroad New Member

Interested in what others are using to manage their investment property. What are the main benefits and does it allow you to manage the property without a property manager.

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Property manager all the way. IMHO, you are foolish not to unless you know the legislation like the back of your hand, and you are willing to do what needs to be done.

Phoenix Pete likes this.
  3. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

...an excel spreadsheet?

I'm not sure how technology would replace most of the functions of a property manager?

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Many try to offer new ways but it is not a substitute. The posts on PC from self managed properties should act as warning to the issues that can arise.

Many of these tools try to confuse that of a lease document and that of property agent services. Its like a horse is part of a horse and cart but the act of using them for logistics makes no sense.

5. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I use a PM.

Technology employed is a mobile phone ;)

craigc and Phoenix Pete like this.
  6. B7B

B7B Well-Known Member

Have a look at Landlord Studio.

7. sydney sid

sydney sid Well-Known Member

I like "PropertyMe" which is what my PM set up. It keeps a record of all incomings and outgoings and allows me to see anything pending as well as when the rent has been paid up to. But I couldn't imagine doing without a PM. For me having my PM arrange minor repairs using their tradespeople is a substantial cost saving in itself, let alone the peace of mind, and not knowing the legal and admin side myself.