Tax Determination 2012/1 query

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Jog21, 21st Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jog21

Jog21 Active Member

He kept saying Part IVA does not apply. Over and over. Ah well, I hope the ATO looks into it and sorts them all out. :)

2. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Part IVA applies where the dominant purpose of the arrangement is to avoid tax. I think it is clear it it would have to be a consideration.

I would speak to a new accountant and then get a new broker to look at your options.

Jog21 likes this.
  3. Jog21

Jog21 Active Member

I agree MRO. I have already spoken with a new broker and accountant and I am having the product switched to a term loan. These guys are too dodgy for my liking.

Savy mum likes this.
  4. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

I am really sorry to hear your story. I am worry because i have some friends that might be in the same position without knowing. By any chance,Does the company sell HL packages too?

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I went through a similar thing in Perth but it was before I picked the product, so it saved some hassle. At the end of the day, you can do whatever you want, but you have to be comfortable with the decisions you make. I'm with you and choose a different structure that I felt more comfortable with. The original one proposed to me just didn't seem right. I could have gone with that structure but I really wasn't comfortable. I think you have done the right thing.

Jog21 and RM1827 like this.
  6. Jog21

Jog21 Active Member

RM1827 they are a broker so they have access to and recommend many different products.