Health & Family Tattoos - anybody regret having them later?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by val, 24th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

There never will be, I honestly have no regrets for anything in my life, it's all part of who I am and I really don't think a little bit of artwork on me is something I would regret.

There are bigger fish to fry in my life than worrying about a little bit of ink on my skin, if it were like the one in the picture a whole leg with expletives then I can understand but I don't have anything like that yet and when I do get the big arm one, it's got so much meaning to me I will never regret it, I sincerely hope when I am 90 people come and talk to me about it's meaning.

val, Brady and Kesse like this.
  2. val

val Well-Known Member

3. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Me too. I don't/have never asked anyone what their tattoos meant.

Unless you're Maori/an islander etc (with a legit reason to have tattoos), basically one comes across as having to prove a point, or having a chip on their shoulder, or having insecurities, or mistakingly assumes people care what their tatts mean, or an attention seeker and last but by no means least, a bogan at heart.

Sorry but that's my personal opinion. I now await the backlash.

Last edited: 2nd Aug, 2018
    Joynz likes this.
  5. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

I'll bite :D

Maybe if you asked what their tattoos mean (if anything at all) you will probably find out it's not for the reasons you listed.

I have quite a few with more to come when I can justify spending the money on it and I got them for no-one else except for me. Some have meaning and some just cause I think it looks cool.

But everyone is different and I don't think any less or more of them for their own personal preferences.

Yours Sincerely,

Hater of attention, bogan at heart (with a southern cross tattoo), but no chips or points to prove :D

158, val and jim1964 like this.
  6. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

The only difference between people with tattoos and those without:
    People with tattoos won’t judge you if you don’t have one.

val, samiam, 158 and 2 others like this.
  7. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

On topic though, my mrs had a small one on her arm removed.
    It took a number of laser sessions and cost about 10x the price of the original tattoo.
    I’m not sure why she got it in the first place, or why she wanted it removed.

Just one of those things I guess.

Blacky

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

lol touche

9. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

For the record I don’t have a tattoo.

10. Ben Chifley

Ben Chifley Well-Known Member

Years ago some close friends (a lesbian couple actually) were getting tatts and they desperately wanted me to come with them and get one too; I declined. As far as I'm aware both of those ladies still have the tatts to remember that night but they haven't been together now for over ten years - and yes, they got each other's names on their bums.

If you're going to get tatts get the very best artist you can find (number one) because you have to live with it for a very, very long time. And number two, never ever get current partner's names etc. because your circumstances will change and you'll regret it.

I don't judge other people for having tatts but I'm definitely never getting any of my own; it's just not my thing.

11. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i am the only one i know in my inner circle that dont have a piercing or tattoo.. everyone i know has one..

as long as it mean something to you.. your not gonna regret it..

only advice is make it easy to hide.. especially the first one since u dont know iff u really gonna like it..

so meaningfull+ easy to hide.. then you will be ok.

if u do it to show off then good luck to you..

12. LVR

LVR Well-Known Member

I dont know what drives the trend for tattoos. They are not my cup of tea, and so far I have managed to not follow that trend. And never will.
    Same with smoking.
    I imagine a lot of people have second thoughts later on.

13. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

To me, a Tat is no different to someone piercing their ears or choosing a nice shirt to wear, it's more permanent but it's just a creative outlet.

Had I gotten sparkles the unicorn tattooed on my tailbone at the age of 18, I am pretty sure I would regret that but If you do your research and you take the time to really decide on what you want, I don't see that it will be an issue later in life.

val likes this.
  14. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Who really cares though. I regretted some with religious meaning and got them tattooed over when I became an atheist.

Who knows maybe Ill regret that move when it turns out Jesus was just playing a really really really long game of hide and seek with the world.

HomePage and Dan Donoghue like this.
  15. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

I do remember growing up and seeing the odd sleeve and thinking that’s cool and unique.
    These days every bloody person in my demographic has a sleeve (including both my brothers and a lot of friends) and I actually think people without sleeves are now more unique.

That’s not to say though that I don’t think some look really good. Just never been my cup of tea.

spludgey likes this.
  16. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member