Tassie Mania

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bohanka, 20th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bohanka

bohanka New Member

I'm an Australian expat currently living in China and due to retire in a couple of years.
    After a few years of buying and selling property in China, My wife and I plan to buy a home in Tasmania and one or two investment properties but have lost touch with the property market back home.

Does anyone have any insight to property investment in Tasmania? I'd be most grateful for any tips or suggestions.

Bohanka

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Do a search, currently a thread on Tassie

legallyblonde likes this.
  3. Jane38

Jane38 New Member

Hi Bohanka,

We lived in Tassie for 10 years and still have a property there which we rent out. My mum still lives near Hobart, and I take a keen interest in the Tassie market, particularly down south.

Tassie is going through a bit of a boom at the moment and we are lucky enough to have an IP in one of the better performing suburbs (Montrose) which has seen approx 8.6% growth in the last 12 months.

If your looking up north of Tassie I can't help sorry.

If you're looking to buy down Hobart way I can definitely help with suburbs, let you know what's in the area your looking at etc.

Personally I would not be looking to buy an IP in the west or east of Tassie as there is very little infrastructure / employment opportunity in those areas. Unless things have drastically changed in the past 3 years, the east and west of Tassie are more holiday destinations that are frequented by travellers touring the island, or are lovely quiet places to retire if you like a very quiet life.

Let me know if I can help with suburbs/information for the south of Tassie.

Cheers,
    Jane

Jess Peletier and Perthguy like this.
  4. bohanka

bohanka New Member

Many thanks, Jane. I think I've made the right decision about retiring to Tassie.
    Far from the maddening crowd methinks. What bliss!

5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Haha - in Tassie you find that those that are far from the maddening crowds, are quite mad themselves!! So many quirky characters :D (I grew up in Tassie, so can say that. And yes, I have the scars to prove it...:rolleyes:)

Xenia likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia