VIC Tarneit Townhouse

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Megachaoz, 18th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Megachaoz

Megachaoz New Member

Hi All,

Me and my partner are FHB's from Victoria looking to buy a townhouse in Tarneit to live longterm. Tarneit is close to family and the area is more affordable influencing our decision.

In the newhaven area, there is currently a townhouse we are interested in with brochure: https://www.peet.com.au/-/media/pee..._ascot_townhomes_nostra_digital_brochure.ashx

I was hoping to get your opinions on LOT 1151+1152 priced at $499,900 with a land size of 200m (8.5x25). Nosta is the builder and based on reviews seem good with this property being individually tilted with 2 carpark garage and park front. They also sell other townhouses in the area, but smaller land: Contemporary Living | Nostra Homes

I have also considered:
    upload_2021-10-18_17-16-46.png upload_2021-10-18_17-17-12.png
    *images of design and floorplan

I'm eager to hear your opinions on this townhouse, townhoues in general, and the tarneit area.
    Cheers

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

That's sort of irrelevant isn't it? You want to live there, family is there - why does it matter? If someone said it was a hell hole - would you (should you) change you mind?

The Y-man

Rambo, standtall and Hamish84 like this.
  3. Megachaoz

Megachaoz New Member

You're right, preferably i'd like to live here. But i haven't commited to anything yet and still want to keep an open mind in my options. I guess the post is mainly focused on townhouse opinions and if you guys think this pricing is reasonable?

The Y-man likes this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

It looks like you have done your homework in terms of comparables etc - really a matter of making sure you can get financing etc.

The Y-man

Megachaoz likes this.
  5. paulose

paulose Member

$500k for a townhouse seems pretty expensive. Considering they have townhouses in donnybrook for around $375k. If you could manage $550k, I guess you can get decent houses in outside newer estates - Mikleham, donnybrook, Kalkolla etc. I am not sure about price range i in Tarneit though. But if your budget is lower than this, Beveridge is an option as well. Houses tend to increase more in value, compared to townhouses.

But if you want to go for townhouse, I would suggest more cheaper option, and then pay it off within next 4-5 years, and then buy a house (using equity from paid off townhouse TH) and keep the TH as IP.

I would prefer houses like this from your link.

11 Barron Street, Tarneit, Vic 3029

jbv and Megachaoz like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia