Targeting investors canberra

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Daniel92, 15th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daniel92

Daniel92 New Member

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong channel to post this question but I was wondering if there were any specific ways to target property investors? I'm selling a 4 bedroom 3 story townhouse in Canberra, I'm on allhomes and zango but I wasn't sure if there were any others avenues I should try?

I'm selling the property with tenants until early 2022 at $700pw rent, I think first home buyers would be discouraged by this as they probably wouldn't get first home buyer grant etc so I feel like I need to target a specific market.

Keen to hear others thoughts on this.

Thanks

2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I am an active Canberra investor, here are a few suggestions:

- Get it on realestate.com.au as well because you want interstate investors to see the property. allhomes and zango are Canberra centric sites
    - Get all the figures up or at least have them all and say "contact me for financials" - so have exact rates, land tax, water, body corporate fees. Also you could put "great depreciation benefits" on the property is fairly new and have the depreciation figures if somebody asks.
    - Have you engaged a selling agent? The good agents in Canberra should have a list of people they could call who may be interested. I often get calls from agents trying to sell me investment properties.
    - you could suggest an early 2022 settlement or a 6 month settlement would be considered if the price is right? Or do you need it sold now? An investor might be interested in paying todays price but settling in 6-9 months.Maybe something you wouldn't put on the listing but something you could mention to selling agent to pass on to interested investors
    - would tenants be willing to leave if their was an incentive for them? If you really need it sold you could offer a months free rent in return for them leaving on settlement day? This may cost you $2,800 but means you get the property sold so may be worth it.

Rugrat likes this.