Targeted research

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Scott No Mates, 19th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I read the email with great interest (it took me over two weeks to get around to it so it must've been high on the priorities).

I skimmed through it an it was written for agents NOT investors (I had the wrong hat on at the time).

The numbers and subtext all pointed towards where, as an agent you could earn the greatest commission ie where there was growth in the value of sales not .

I put my investor hat and read that in most of these areas that there's a reduction in supply and more importantly that prices were increasing in most of these areas.

Sure, this is only one company's view and targeted at the revenue side of the equation (for agents and brokers) but it is equally relevant to buyers.

Do you only look at what the article is telling the target audience or do you dig deeper?

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Quote..
    Brisbane has recorded the greatest total value of sales over the past year at $16.8 billion however, the value is -11.2% lower over the year. The first table shows the total value of sales over the past year and the previous year for each of the 20 council areas nationally with the greatest value of sales. Each of the top 20 regions listed have seen fewer overall sales and a lower total value of sales relative to 2015.

Now if you were to break down that statement into several ways,even with the small pockets market within markets within inner brisbane those numbers would show a very different % story,from what i'm starting to see..