Taking down online advertisement online after sale

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Alex Deepak Kumar, 30th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Alex Deepak Kumar

Alex Deepak Kumar Member

Feeling uncomfortable having the sold price and photos of my house on various sites (realestate.com.au, domain.com.au and the agent's website). Are they entitled to display this information without my consent and retain the images of my property online? If not, how can I request to take down them all? Thanks heaps!

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If you signed a sales agreement, you gave consent for the agent to market your property on line.

Yes, how effective will it be when hundreds of websites which are not affiliated with the agency have already cached the information?

Dan Wood likes this.
  3. Alex Deepak Kumar

Alex Deepak Kumar Member

Thanks, I am purchasing this property. If this was signed by previous owner, can I revoke it now?

I am not looking for a completely clean solution but it would be good enough if the information is taken down from major websites

4. Ryan23

Ryan23 Well-Known Member

I doubt it. The photo’s are owned by seller (or licensed to the seller/agent by the photographer) and when uploading to RE I believe their terms that allow the to use the photos. The price is public data.

Firefly99 likes this.
  5. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Did you use these sites to research what you should pay? It's a two way street.

gman65 likes this.
  6. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

Everything is actually property of REA or Domain and it's their property and they use it to attract people to their website (advertising dollars). You can always request the agent to not put the sold price on ad but after settlement it becomes public knowledge anyway and no way of stopping that.

Scarier thing is people can pay $50 and find the full owner name and information in a title search (That's how the media often finds out which celebrity bought or sold if they use their personal names). It's just the way it works (here in Victoria anyway but I am sure it's the same everywhere)

7. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

also in a strong market some agents like to disclose the price via internet or/and print as a flex to show the neighbours who to look for if they consider selling.so unless seller and/or buyer request it not be shown on the ad most agents would like to display it

8. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Did you look at photos of previous house sales and prices to get a feel for what you should should paying/what else is out there before you bought?

You are being self centred, sorry. You are no more special than anybody else..

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

You might be able to have the sales price supposed for up to 3 months, but after that, no. It’s government data really.

10. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Remember you are focusing on the house because its yours.

to everyone else, its just one data point and no one will focus on it.

11. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

Another way to look at this is that these are not your photos and not photos of your house. These are photos of someone else’s house who has consented to putting them online. You now own the house and no photos of your house are online as you didn’t own the house when these photos were taken. Honestly I think there is no way around this. The photos will be on 10+ websites already, probably some that are not even hosted in Australia. Google street view will have photos of the house too. That’s kind of just the way the world is now.

Ben20 and Joynz like this.
  12. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

I’ve had this recently where a buyer didn’t want the price revealed but the seller did.
    I sorted legal advice from the solicitor as I’ve never had this situation.
    The seller makes the final decision, if you didn’t want the price revealed both sides would of needed to sign a non disclosure prior to exchange of contracts.

13. Alex Deepak Kumar

Alex Deepak Kumar Member

Thanks. It's funny to me that as soon as you mentioned a suburb that you are moving into recently, anybody whip out a phone and tell exactly the ins and outs of your house and starting commenting on how good of a deal you are paying.

14. bamp

bamp Well-Known Member

Hahaha, Alex I am guessing by your surname you are of south Asian descent? So am I, and all my relatives and friends do this exact same thing anytime anyone mentions they have bought a property. I've had people I barely know ask for my specific address when someone in my circle mentions I bought a place. I think the reason they do it is out of a deep seated insecurity/fear that they are not keeping up with the jones's