Take advantage of corona

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by MTR, 6th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am thinking many are going nuts, over the top silly or they just love drama.... always:D

Anyways how will the logical, well balanced individuals take advantage of this dilemma:oops: hehe

Me.... I am travelling.... and it wont be China, Italy. Plenty of bargains to be had

Last edited: 6th Mar, 2020
    ellejay likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Buying up bargains on the stock market.

Cornering the TP market ;)

MTR likes this.
  3. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I'm chasing the market/individual stocks down in $5K parcels - buy trigger everytime it drops 5% from my initial buy price (this is after they've been hammered down 15-20%).

MTR likes this.
  4. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

We will come out the other side with record low interest rates domestically and around the world. We may be in a technical recession but it won't last long once global stimulus kicks in. It will not be the time to be sitting on cash or bonds earning nothing. Property and Shares will get pushed up again, probably to new record heights and quite quickly I suspect.

Also I know you are a US bull @MTR but my personal belief is that the decade of dominance of US market and $US will come to an end. That's not to say we won't see another big run up in the S&P500, nothing wrong with the US economy, I just personally believe there will be out performance by Emerging and Asian markets (including Australia) magnified by a weakening of $US relative to other currencies

MTR likes this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Take a bet both ways Fed dropped rates

tale of two cities property hot, stocks falling
    Homes for sale: Buyers face bidding wars, see lower mortgage rates

I am selling off two properties in US. AUD has been hammered. Will bring it home.
    Cashing up here but I won't be jumping into shares, I am retired, I cant afford to go aggressive and erode capital. I think the young guns that know what they are doing can do well and take advantage of the dips

my properties in US generate income so will continue to live off rents

Currently looking at opportunities in Perth and I start my 3 villa development its now with 2 builders for quotes. I have never seen such competitive pricing. I think around $1000 per sqm to build?

believe it or not Some of Perth inner city blue chip starting to move. If anyone wants to know where to buy look at the Perth thread, Perth 2020

Last edited: 7th Mar, 2020
    Blueskies likes this.
  6. Blueskies

Below chart is 10 year performance of US equities in $AUD vs the ASX200. Shows both the great returns of both the US market and the US dollar. US out performance would look the same compared to pretty much any other market in the world.

US is still a great place to invest, I just added to my US shareholdings last week, but I also think taking some money off the table and bringing back to AUD is not a bad idea. Your plan to repatriate US here then put into Perth property seems like a potentially really well timed nice counter-cyclical move, good luck!

7. Blueskies

Screenshot_2020-03-07-06-47-44-64.png

MTR likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia