T-Intersection

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by trinity168, 26th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

What do you guys think of a property that is at the end of T-intersection? Knowing as investors we try not to buy on a main/busy road but with the t-intersection property, it is not a busy street, and, we have a buy & hold strategy at this stage so, not sure how I would feel in 7-10 years time when it comes to consolidation phase.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. OC1

OC1 Well-Known Member

Not a fan. Others include:

Main roads
    Property backing on to industrial
    Court bowls
    Opposite schools
    Next door to old rough looking flats

trinity168 likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I always feel sorry for people living in houses at the end of a T intersection for having headlights aimed at them all the time, risking someone driving through the intersection into the house (low risk maybe, but still a risk) and I don't think it passes the feng shui test (but there is probably a "fix" that helps fix this, if you believe in it and want to fix it).

trinity168 likes this.
  4. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

Depends on property and T intersection. My house is on a T intersection but it's a quiet street so barely any traffic, and the block is raised so the headlights don't go through into the bedroom.

More irritating for me is a streetlight close to a bedroom or on a bend in a relatively busy road where you do get headlights shining through.

But I have heard that it's bad feng shui

5. trinity168

@Beelzebub, good point on the elevated area. The property we are looking at is not in a busy area either, and the only reason I want it is good land value.

Do you think the traffic will ever get busy on your area? Sorry, I know no one has a crystal ball here, but say in 7 - 10 years...

6. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

Nah, it's a new estate and the T intersection, both mine and the offending street, only carry local traffic. I'm more worried about the traffic and parking situation from the primary school they are building 100m up the road.

I wouldn't do it if it was a busy road though... Well, unless the numbers stacked up and the deal was good. But certainly it would go in the negative column.

When we built it was only one of two properties left in the current release, I was worried about the t-intersection when I purchased to be honest; but in order to get the FHOG at the time I couldn't wait for a later stage. So far I haven't had any issues and it hasn't worried me.

trinity168 likes this.
  7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I'm buying one at the end of a t-intersection junction but its on the high side so there's a low risk of someone driving through the intersection; both streets are very quiet (one is a dead end) but the main reason for the buy is the Moreton Bay water views down the street in front of the property... yes that's right.... so it made the t-intersection a plus factor for me which beats the odd headlight coming into the house.
    Anybody living there would have to take a bit more care with the driveway but its not major, and certainly much more quiet than a main road location.

trinity168 likes this.
  8. trinity168

Good point on the local traffic. Thanks again.

9. bythebay

bythebay Well-Known Member

Will turn off some Asian buyers
    It's considered bad femg Sui
    Like superstitions, it just depends on if you believe in it. Most people probably don't mind ...

I believe part of the reason behind the feng Sui issue is it will seem that cars are driving into the house
    It does happen from time to time (drunk teenager not watching where they are going, there was one such incident in botany recently involving elderly couples house being damaged) but the incidences are probably not that high

10. trinity168

Thanks @bythebay. I think some of feng shui is based on practical things, such as what you mentioned.

We have made an offer on the property, waiting for sellers' response. It is a quiet neighborhood, so traffic is not such an issue.

Realist35 likes this.