Syrian Refugees ...Would you sponsor/house a family?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Samten, 7th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Because religion is as up to date as the Dinosaurs, and causes many, many a conflict.

We can still fight and argue and kill each other - without religion - all day long...why add a load of codswallop to the mix?

Bring yer culture, yer dress sense, yer food and yer intelligence and ability to contribute to the society and pay taxes, but leave yer religion at the gate, thanks.

Totally not needed in this century.

Doncossack and Harro like this.
  2. THX

THX Well-Known Member

Exactly so we might as well do take out ones like Saddam even if we have to then take out what rises in his place. It really is a never ending cycle, there'll always be evil in the world.

Bayview likes this.
  3. Bayview

Actually; multiculturalism doesn't promote this trend...it is how it always ends up.

There are some good aspects to it of course; I lived in L.A for 2 years and there are loads of enclaves and it's great for things like food, and fashions etc.

Multiculturalism is the warm fuzzy of believing that everyone can live together no matter what their background, or race or religion or ethnicity etc....

If only this was true.

Last edited: 9th Sep, 2015
  4. acorn123

acorn123 Well-Known Member

@Excalibur1:
    You mean everyone is racist to some extent...?
    Yes, I tend to agree with this more or less ....
    But, most people would not display this in public (i.e., knowing this is a bad thing ...:eek:).
    They may exercise this in backyard.....e.g. prefer non-white tenants:D.
    Remember that girl said to Adam Goodes?
    Her remarks are totally fine in her family (matched with their and a lot of Aussie families standards?), but not OK in public.
    (Someone said a lot of Australians are generically racist: they still have this behavior at home or private occasions; kids learn this from parents; though some parents do know hold this in in public).
    For example:
    If your class teacher targets you in your class because of your origin -
    it is racist or discrimination (teacher).
    If a country targets a particular group in public because of their origin -
    It is racist (country) or discrimination.

If you as individual target particular ethnic groups -
    it is racist/discrimination.
    I guess you may exercise this in backyard and private occasions, but kids may learn from you and one day they do these in public:D.

It is generally OK to comment on people's behaviors, but not their origins (ethnic identities), especially in public IMO.

5. acorn123

Last edited: 8th Sep, 2015
  6. THX

THX Well-Known Member

Racism has nothing to do with religion.

acorn123 likes this.
  7. acorn123

@THX:
    Mate, I was educated here, and somewhat "racist" too, and try to match with those in Parliament:D.

8. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

Probably a good idea. Even things up a bit when 95% of the boaties were all young men. Anyone with a bit of common sense would realise that bringing in one sex is gunna lead to big troubles. It's not the moderates that are a worry, as they will integrate, but the radicals won't be getting on with no Aussie female infidels. Could explain why muslim men are raping western women in the numbers they are in Europe and here and everywhere else?

See ya's.

Doncossack and The Falcon like this.
  9. MrRB

MrRB Member

I'd like to see an estimate on how many boat people have died each year trying to get to Australia. This is why they're trying to stop the boats of course. From the stories I've heard from friends you wouldn't even worry about the Syrian toddler, he'd just be a number if there wasn't a photographer handy.

One thing I'm finding weird is where are the women and children? All you see is hundreds of men. And as for the "no more muslim men", are they the most persecuted in their home country?

Actually when someone is on the boat and has a legitimate NSW drivers licence, thats a bit strange too...

I'd also host a family.

10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Sure worked in Lakemba.

11. THX

THX Well-Known Member

? Not sure of your point.

My point is religion is not a race. So discriminating based on religion is not racism. You could call it bigotry if you want.

12. acorn123

@T.C.
    >90% people in this country are non-Muslims: surely majority will be on your side:D.
    Need some skills/tactics to get this through - not to be criticized/condemned by others (Yanks, Brits etc.).;)
    Abbott commented on Nazis: ".... they had sufficient sense of shame to try and hide it..."
    No, we do not ....:D
    ===========================

"No more Muslim men."
    ?

Last edited: 8th Sep, 2015
  13. acorn123

@THX:
    racist - discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/racist
    ------------------------------------------------------

14. Bayview

I would wager that the vast majority of Teachers are far from racist.

I would also wager that if f a kid is being targeted in class; it is because that kid is being a d!ck.

THX and Angel like this.
  15. acorn123

this is probably the reason some black men were killed by police in states;):D.

16. Bayview

LOL!

Not hard to work out what's going on there;

The dude went over to fight for the stupid beards, and managed to slip through the security net at the airport and got out of AUS, then got over there and **** his pants when he saw what the lot of a stupid beard is really like, so decided to pose as a refugee and come home, but was too stupid to get rid of anything that might give him away.

Imagine how their world will be if the stupid beards ever win.....

Only men alive, wearing stupid beards, no hint of modern life left at all other than guns and knives, and a few thousand copies of the Koran, all living in a dustbowl, wondering who is going to go out and find some food for the gang.

17. Bayview

Yeah, the cops just wander around, looking for black folks to shoot in cold blood.

I would wager that there are just as many - if not more - police die in the line of duty each year in the USA than there are black folks shot and killed by cops.

I would wager that if there is a cop on yo ass, then it would be because you have been/are being up to not much good, and you then escalate the situation by being a d!ck.

I saw an episode of Gold Coast cops the other week, and a female cop pulled over a young girl who was talking on her mobile phone.

The girl denied it, tried to hide the phone (in the hands of her friend sitting next to her o_O) and when she was found out, started to rant at the cop - total disrespect.

And; all on camera. How stupid.

So, the female cops goes; "Ok, buddy, let's have a REAL close look at your car now, and see if it is all up to standard".

Guess what happened? The girl's car got put off the road for unroadworthy. LOL!

Had she kept her stupid mouth shut, showed some respect, and copped her punishment on the chin for the phone - instead of escalating the issue - she might still be driving her car.

Put a smart @rse young male/s in that scenario in the USA (or even here in Aus); especially if they start getting aggressive at the cops in a threatening manner (as males in groups tend to do) and you can see how it might end up.

bob shovel likes this.
  18. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Why do people even bother debating bigots?

19. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Note how divisive this single action has become, even on this forum where we like to think of ourselves as far more enlightened than the average Joe

20. THX

THX Well-Known Member

That's not the definition of racism. Hell the very word that defines it is in the word: race

Bayview likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia